From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple VI application

Solved!
Go to solution

Aim:
To build a Multi-Level VI application in LabView.
Features:
To run all the VI's at the start of the application.
To open/close front panels of Sub-Level VI's based on button action.
To stop all running VI's from main VI via a button action.

Problem Faced:
Unable to open the front panels of Sub-Level VI's after first successful iteration of opening & closing a VI. Kindly anyone provide a solution for the above issue. The code of the same is attached below.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(3,075 Views)

Unable to open the application (I beleive it is created in labview 2018), kindly convert it to LV2017

CLD Using LabVIEW since 2013
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(3,054 Views)

Please find the LV1017 version code in attachments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(3,050 Views)

I have checked your vi's and found that the problem is in the sub vi. You are using a local variable of an indicator which has a false value. The vi was running in the background and only the front panel closes. Just wire a True boolean to the stop terminal of the while loop in both of your subvi.

Download All
Message 4 of 19
(3,040 Views)

Thanks for your quick response, according to my requirement, the SubVI's must not stop to run on clicking close button, instead just it has to close the front panel. 

All the VI's must stop on activation "stop app" button from main VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,033 Views)

You shouldn't use multiple Event Structures inside Your loop, as they will prohibit execution.

ie. If You press VI1 button, the VI1 will start, but the VI2 event will prevent further execution before it has been fired.

For Your Main VI to run You'll have to push both VIx buttons, the Stop App button, and the Clear Error button, in that order. 

Don't forget to rate a good Answer....
---------------------------------------------------------
Here should be some cool signature

But there's NOT

LabVIEW 2012-2017
---------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 19
(3,028 Views)

This vi might help you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(3,023 Views)

Is this a homework problem?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(2,991 Views)

Hi Kartiknattar,

Thanks for your suggestion,

Actually I want to open & close SubVI's frequently without terminating their operation in background, kindly may I know what are the advantages of using ''fpOpen.Hidden" method over ''fpClose''.

Also I want to control the termination of SubVI's from mainVI, that's the reason I have used "Stop" indicator inplace of control in SubVI's, so I can set the values of Stop Indicators from mainVI. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(2,956 Views)

Hi BCL@Servodan,

Thank you for your suggestion,

I am trying to use Event Structure in while loop to achieve a continuous operation of opening & closing of SubVI's, I have also tried using Case structures instead of Event structures, but I was not successful to meet my requirement

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(2,955 Views)