cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicolumn listbox array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I want to  replace a multicolumnlistbox array in a one dimensional array of multicolumnlistboxes.Please help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,420 Views)

Hi LHa,

I want to  replace a multicolumnlistbox array in a one dimensional array of multicolumnlistboxes.

Ok.

What is your problem?

What is a "MCLB array"? Are you talking about the "array of I32" output of a MCLB, configured to allow more than one selection? Are you talking about the displayed content in the MCLB?

Why is there an array of MCLBs?

Please help

What is the question?

And where's your (example) code?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,417 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LHa@siva2018

Just drop a MCLB on an blank array.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,376 Views)

Hi,

Here I am attaching the vi.I want to add data from the array 'DatafromFiles' to the array 'FileDataDisplay'.How it is possible

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,361 Views)

Hi LHa,

I want to add data from the array 'DatafromFiles' to the array 'FileDataDisplay'.How it is possible

Which "data" do you want to display in your array of MCLBs named "FileDataDisplay"?

You already know how to set items in a MCLB as can be seen in your code writing item data to "DataFromFiles".

For "FileDataDisplay" you are trying to set the value instead…

I see two problems:

1. You are trying to set the value of a MCLB - which is completely different than those item data! (And you still don't explain what exactly you are trying to do: what do you want to achieve? How should the result look like?)

2. In case you want to set the items of the MCLBs in the array: all array elements share the same properties. As items of a MCLB are properties of that MCLB you cannot set different items for the MCLB in the array…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,356 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LHa@siva2018

Oops.  I'm sorry, my idea won't work.  ItemNames is a property of a MCLB, and in an array, all elements have the same properties (except Value and Position).

You could put a Table in a cluster then put the cluster in an array.  See attachment.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 6 of 10
(3,345 Views)

Thanks....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,326 Views)

Your "Thanks" message is not the solution to your question.  Please mark the message that actually contains the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,321 Views)

Hi, 

I want to add check boxes in  all rows in all tables in the 'FileDataDisplayArray'(for the selection of rows).Is it possible?.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,317 Views)

Hi LHa,

your VI is completely Rube-Goldberg.

Why not use a simple BuildArray instead of your loop, InsertIntoArray and local variable?

check.png

I want to add check boxes in  all rows in all tables in the 'FileDataDisplayArray'(for the selection of rows).Is it possible?.

No.

Tables are simple 2D arrays of strings and don't support those checkbox icons as listboxes do…

(Well, you might try: Use a font supporting glyphs of checkboxes, like WingDings. Use chars from such fonts. Use the ActiveCell property of the table to set the cell font for the cells containing the checkbox glyphs. This will be a nice task to learn about property nodes of frontpanel elements. :))

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,304 Views)