From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse click control on non-LabVIEW Windows

I'm using an ActiveX interface to talk to Opus spectrometer software. I can pass data around and start acquiring just fine but each time I run my acquisition LabVIEW software I get a little "ok" popup message from Opus that wants me to confirm acquisition. Is there anyway I can programmatically click this box so it will go away? It is running in a different process than LabVIEW so I didn't know if that kind of mouse control was possible.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,294 Views)
Search this forum for "SendMessage" or "SendInput" for examples on how to use the Windows API to do this.
Message 2 of 6
(3,290 Views)
Just check out if pressing Returen (Enter) key closes the dialog?
If yes then download the llb located at
in this llb file you will get the VI to simulate the keypress.

then as you launch application wait for some time and then simulate keypress and go ahead

Note: This may not be very robust solution as the keypress will not work if somebody clicks somewhere on screen and application in focus is changed.
but its quick solution

Tushar Jambhekar
tushar@jambhekar.com

Jambhekar Automation Solutions
LabVIEW Consultancy, LabVIEW Training
Rent a LabVIEW Developer, My Blog

Message 3 of 6
(3,257 Views)

Hi

just a quick question : how do you control Opus software with active X ? I don't see any Opus in the active X list (I see some OPC automation etc...). Thanks for help

N

PS I asked the support people and they told me to read the manual. so I did and Active X is mentioned only once indicating that Opus can control other programs... so much for the support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,649 Views)

It sounds to me like there's an issue with your Opus installation.  The software should come with the OPUSCMD ActiveX controls to allow you to interface with it.  Based on another discussion forum post that I saw regarding Opus interfacing (in fact, I believe you had a post on that one, so I'm guessing you know which one I'm talking about), that particular ActiveX control should be included in your install to allow you to select it from the automation refnum VI.

If it didn't, it looks like this might be an issue to contact Bruker about, since it doesn't appear that you are able to find the particular OPUSCMD file that you should have.

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,627 Views)

@Austin S wrote:

It sounds to me like there's an issue with your Opus installation.  The software should come with the OPUSCMD ActiveX controls to allow you to interface with it.  Based on another discussion forum post that I saw regarding Opus interfacing (in fact, I believe you had a post on that one, so I'm guessing you know which one I'm talking about), that particular ActiveX control should be included in your install to allow you to select it from the automation refnum VI.

If it didn't, it looks like this might be an issue to contact Bruker about, since it doesn't appear that you are able to find the particular OPUSCMD file that you should have.

Hi

I contacted Bruker and they are telling me that there is no such a thing as Opuscmd ! (I asked for more info and been told to read the manual.. (nice !)... I read it and there is nothing there...) I may need to go to DDE and I am not so happy about it.

I made these tests on a PC where there is no spectrometer connected : maybe that is the issue,.. I will test it to a PC where the spectrometer is running ok.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,611 Views)