LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More point for IV curve

Solved!
Go to solution

I I'm having a IV curve their points are max 20 and I wanted to expand the points in more than 20 points, having same curve.Can someone please help me with that. I wanted a fine curve.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(4,952 Views)

Could you post what you have?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(4,916 Views)

You cannot expand points unless you have a theory about the shape of the function at locations where you don't have data, i.e. at the points you currently have (extrapolation, interpolation).

To just get a smooth curve you can use spline interpolation or a polynomial fit. If you have a theoretical model, you can use nonlinear fit.

Of you could just re-measure your curve using more points. 😄

(Is there a reason you tagged your question with "excel"? What does excel have to do with any of this? I assume you are looking for a LabVIEW solution, right?)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(4,896 Views)

12-09-09-large.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(4,871 Views)

Yes sir, I can do fine curve in max 20 points, but I wanted a easy way to get more than 20 points with the same curve and the value so my R will go in smooth form. If I do that in 20 my R varies in zig zag form like it goes up and back to the curve.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(4,868 Views)

You either need to find another way of generating these points (you might tell us how you do that so we can help), or you need a way to interpolate between those points.

This interpolation can be don in a lot of ways: linear, quadratic, polynomial, spline, etc. interpolation. And you can also do this with FIR filters, curve fitting and I'm sure there are other ways.

Without knowing the background, it's a very open question.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(4,852 Views)

What do you want me to show you?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(4,846 Views)

@Mayur789 wrote:

What do you want me to show you?

Where do these points come from? If you want "in between points" the source of these points might be a good (the best) source. Everything else is basically fake.

From HW: sample at a higher rate.

From user: ask for more points.

From algorithm: configure it to use more points.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(4,842 Views)

The points doesn't comes from anywhere I'm giving them to graph from as array.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(4,839 Views)

So you want to expand 20 points that come from nowhere to more then 20 points?

Maybe you could post what you have...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(4,835 Views)