cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify array element bounds from block diagram

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have a 2D array filled with numeric indicators, and I wish to resize the array row, columns and the bound of the numeric indicator (U32) to match the layout required.

Using the Property node "NumCols" and "NumRows" I was able to resize the array, that's working fine, but I am not finding a way to resize the bound of the elements on it.

I tried the property "Array Elements -> Bounds -> Area Width" , but it doesn't allow me to change the property to write mode.

Do you guys have any toughs on what can be done?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,521 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joao_Luiz

Since you can put many types of objects in an array, the "arrElem" reference is generic.

If you;

Drop a numeric on your FP,

Create a ref to it that control,

Wire that to the top of a "To more Specific Class,

Wire the ArrElem to the left input of the "To more..."

Wire the output of "To More..." to a property node...

You will be able to select "TextWidth" in the propery node.

See this Nugget for more words on that theme.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 4
(2,487 Views)

You can try this guide for a numeric: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/14787DAD749279FC86256F3400611DE6?OpenDocument

Also, multi-column listboxes are very nice if you have a 2D array of strings to display.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,485 Views)

Thanks Ben!

That was exactly what I was looking for!

In my case, as I was using the color box control,  I used the property "Color Area Size -> Width" and it worked fine.

resize_element.PNG

Thanks again for your help and fast response!!

Joao Luiz

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,469 Views)