From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modern ActiveX Browser Options

Solved!
Go to solution

Since this thread has been solved, and since this thread has nothing to do with the Actor Framework I'd suggest making a new thread.  I personally haven't used the Actor Framework and .Net controls together before.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,328 Views)

Hello, 

This looks like a new question, and since the thread already has a solution, can you please post your question in a new thread?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,311 Views)

I hope this doesn't sidetrack things too much, but could I ask what exactly you're doing with this? I haven't ever put a browser in a VI before, but why would you need LabVIEW to control VLC's playlist? I'm sure you have a great reason 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,307 Views)

@BertMcMahan wrote:

I hope this doesn't sidetrack things too much, but could I ask what exactly you're doing with this? 

(heh heh heh...) So I do some lite DJing at parties.  And starting back before the Youtube days I would scour the internet for music videos people recorded and uploaded, or ripped from various source material.  I'd then organize the videos and categorize them so that it would be easier to find and update a live playlist of music videos at parties.  Here is a screenshot of the software I wrote for finding and adding videos to a VLC playlist.  This would be on one monitor and the videos would play on the other, that would then be sent to HD tvs, and casted with Chromecast.

Video Finder.png

The Main Genres are folders and the bottom list is the returning filtered list.  Pick the Main Genre and click Apply Search and the list will only show those.  You can also refine by Artist, Year (range), audio and video quality, and there is ranges for the Hot 100.  There is also a Simple Search String that has a live update which you can type what you want and see videos that have that matching string subset.  Say you want to find all songs that have been in the hot 100 for at least 3 weeks, or the videos that all peaked at 10 or higher, or any other combination of filters.  You can also sort by various columns.  Right clicking shows the columns that can be shown or hidden like Year, Quality, Artist, Track, BPM, etc.  You can also randomize the shown video order.

You can then select the video and a preview opens in the upper right where there is a slider you can move which scrubs through the video showing you what the video is.  And if you click that still of the video you will hear a 10 second clip of the audio starting 30 seconds in, on the secondary audio device which is a pair of headphones I have plugged in.  This way I can hear what the song is and see if it matches the mood or tempo of the current playlist.

So where does VLC come in?  Adding to an existing play list by selecting one or more songs and clicking Add adds it to the end.  The order can then be messed around with in VLC if there is a bulk add.  It also looks at the current playlist and makes sure not to add a song that has already been played, or is already in the playlist.  There are times I'll get lazy and just say random all from a specific year, that was on the hot 100, and I don't want it to play a song that has already been played before.  To do this it needs to be able to get the current playlist and all file paths for all songs.  I ended up using the command line to add songs, so really this the HTTP VIs are just to get the current playlist status.

I also made a set of VIs for adding new videos.  Once I download it I will manually trim the start and end if needed with some video software, which is quick and easy.  I then run it through a program which normalizes the audio level.  Then I add it to a folder of the main genre and run a VI that looks for information on that song on the internet like the year, genre, feel, mood, hot 100 info, etc.  My VI also figures out the the BPM then logs all that information in a file that can be loaded in the main program for searching.  It's been a fun project and hasn't needed many updates but I've been using it for several years.

Message 14 of 16
(1,291 Views)

Have you found a solution for this? I am encountering the same issue in LabVIEW 2016.

Very puzzling.

Chase Fearing
Test Engineer, Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(942 Views)

@CFEARING01 wrote:

Have you found a solution for this? I am encountering the same issue in LabVIEW 2016.

Very puzzling.

The thread has a marked solution, so yes, there is a solution for this... If this isn't your problem, be more specific...

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(928 Views)