From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Footprint for LabVIEW 7.1 Full Development System

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to know the memory footprint for LabVIEW 7.1 Full Development System.Both during the installtion and for developing applications later.

Can someone help.Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,231 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author user2lv

There isn't a single answer for that, as this varies considerably.

As far as disk space goes, if memory serves, the basic 7.x takes up a few hundred MB, but that could inflate considerably depending on which modules and drivers you add to it.

For RAM, I believe 7.0 used to take up ~20-50 MB immediately after being loaded, but that number would then also change a lot over time depending on what you do. Loading, editing and running code all regularly change the amount of RAM used.

Why are you asking? Also, are you aware that 7.1 is relatively old by now (came out 7 years ago)?

(2,225 Views)

Thanks tst.I just wanted to know a general estimate without any addons - only LabVIEW 7.1 FDS and the Drivers that come aloong with LabVIEW.

Im aware LabVIEW 7.1 is relatively old.But Im planing to use it an embedded application,so depending on the memory footprint I wanted to selected the Solid State Disk for the application.A few hundred MBs is fine.I will take a few more GBs just be safe.Thanks for the answer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,209 Views)