From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum XNET Sessions

Dan,

Was this issue ever resolved?  I'm encountering the same issue but I'm a complete newbie to XNET and I've no idea how to resolve the problem.

All the best.

Simon Carter

Certified LabVIEW Developer

@dhaugen92 wrote:

I am getting Error -1074384879 at XNET Create Session:2080003. Possible Reason(s): NI-XNET: (Hex 0xBFF63011) The maximum number of sessions was exceeded. Solution: Use fewer sessions.

What is the maximum number of sessions? Is closing a session with the XNET Clear.vi enough, or is there further steps to purge the session from memory that must be taken? This is for an application that is running 24/7 that creates and destroys sessions for every 'sequence' start, which is about once every three minutes. I am properly creating the sessions, and closing them at the end of every 'sequence' with the XNET Clear.vi, but am still getting this error.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(803 Views)

@Sipic wrote:

Dan,

Was this issue ever resolved?  I'm encountering the same issue but I'm a complete newbie to XNET and I've no idea how to resolve the problem.

All the best.

Simon Carter

This issue was never resolved...

but

Ive since made a modification of my original program (without the CAN modification yet) for a completely separate CAN program (i.e. different bus signals), based on an OOP approach, and have NOT run into this error..... That is, the sessions are a property of the object.

There is, however, a possible end-all fix: if the error occurs, there is a VI in the XNET pallet under 'advanced' that is "Close XNET System", i think to programatically reset the XNET hardware... maybe this will help? I haven't tried it yet... Inside there is a VI not located on the XNET pallet called 'XNET Close', which I think might hold the key..

Dan Haugen
CLD Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(800 Views)