LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum XNET Sessions

Dan,

Was this issue ever resolved?  I'm encountering the same issue but I'm a complete newbie to XNET and I've no idea how to resolve the problem.

All the best.

Simon Carter

Certified LabVIEW Developer

@dhaugen92 wrote:

I am getting Error -1074384879 at XNET Create Session:2080003. Possible Reason(s): NI-XNET: (Hex 0xBFF63011) The maximum number of sessions was exceeded. Solution: Use fewer sessions.

What is the maximum number of sessions? Is closing a session with the XNET Clear.vi enough, or is there further steps to purge the session from memory that must be taken? This is for an application that is running 24/7 that creates and destroys sessions for every 'sequence' start, which is about once every three minutes. I am properly creating the sessions, and closing them at the end of every 'sequence' with the XNET Clear.vi, but am still getting this error.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(805 Views)

@Sipic wrote:

Dan,

Was this issue ever resolved?  I'm encountering the same issue but I'm a complete newbie to XNET and I've no idea how to resolve the problem.

All the best.

Simon Carter

This issue was never resolved...

but

Ive since made a modification of my original program (without the CAN modification yet) for a completely separate CAN program (i.e. different bus signals), based on an OOP approach, and have NOT run into this error..... That is, the sessions are a property of the object.

There is, however, a possible end-all fix: if the error occurs, there is a VI in the XNET pallet under 'advanced' that is "Close XNET System", i think to programatically reset the XNET hardware... maybe this will help? I haven't tried it yet... Inside there is a VI not located on the XNET pallet called 'XNET Close', which I think might hold the key..

Dan Haugen
CLD Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(802 Views)