LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab 6.5 wont work

We have a system where we need to integrate Labview and Matlab 6.5. Easy... well not quite.
Matlab 6.5 has been installed 'CLEAN' (ie no previous installations). We attempt to use either the 'script' or 'activeX' modules - and can correctly see matlab. Indeed it can be started. However before we can use 'invoke' 'methods' etc we get an error stating 'access is denied'.
This problem exists in ANY version (inc 7 express) of Labview - with or without any of the updated DLL's (from NI and Mathworks).
However if we have a previous installation of matlab (e.g. 6.1) and upgrade, it works.
Fine - so we upgrade... but we dont own a licence for the earlier versions - and dont want to have a 'cluttered' registry on our nice new machine. Besides, calling '
Clean Matlab 6.5' from anything else (VB, VC++, etc) works without any problems!
We raised the question with NI support two weeks ago - but it appears they dont have a 'clean' installation setup, and just say 'upgrade DLL's.
As a COM programmer, my gut feeling is that within the 'automation open' object, a IUNKNOWN pointer is requested (which causes matlab to open) but when asking for an IDISPATCH pointer, there is some problem resulting in the access error.
This bug has resulted in an extended project delay and is really annoying. Has anyone else come across this?
My solution is to basically write a CIN module to do the same - but this would only be temporary.
Thanks for any help!

Marc
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,699 Views)
I have not seen this before. Does this error only occur when you are using ActiveX communication VIs? You mentioned 'invoke' and 'method', so I'm assuming you are using those VIs. Do you receive an error message like this with the MATLAB script?
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,699 Views)
Yep the script error also occurs - ie it does not invoke the script at all. I dont have the machine in front of me (mine has lots of matlab installations) - but the error is something similar.

We are using the invoke commands because we wanted to make the link via DCOM (ie across a network).

The actual error reported is

Error -2147024891 error at 'Access is Denied'

Looking through some other messages I posted (on similar topics) it appears that there is at least one other user reporting this.

Marc

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,699 Views)
Actual error code reported (as well as scripts) is

Error -2147024891 error at 'Access is Denied'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,699 Views)