LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the equivalent function or combination of functions for the following ASYST code

I'm translating a program from AYSYT (very old out-of-date language)to LABVIEW. Thanks to the help from you guys. I have done 99% of my work. But I still have a small question to ask for help. Dose any body know what function or combination of functions in LABVIEW is equivalent to the folowing ASYST code: 0.5 set cut off frequency MOB(array used in the program) smooth.

After reading the ASYST MANUAL, I know "smooth" is to apply some kind window(e.g. BALCKMAN).but LABVIEW doesn't have the "smooth"function
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,608 Views)
LV has several smoothing window functions, although I'm not sure if any are available in the limited versions of LV, the full pro version 6.1 has (located under Functions->Analyze->Signal Processing->Windows) a couple of Blackman smoothing windows (standard, exact, B-Harris), as well as about 10 other smoothing windows. There are also frequency domain filtering algoriths, of the Butterworth, Bessel, etc. flavor, or just a straight median filter.
Message 2 of 6
(2,608 Views)
i have tried BLACKMAN WINDOW. But the result is not as expected. It smoothed all the peaks in my signal(which is what i need). I guess if it's because some of the coeeficients must be set correctly. But BLACKMAN WINDOW has only three connectors. Shall I try ti figure out those concealed coefficients and set them to trhe right value?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,608 Views)
If you look inside the Blackman.vi diagram, you'll see an input to the General Cosine Window.vi for wiring coefficients directly. That's about all I know about this area.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,608 Views)
I got strange result after using balckman window.
the xy-graphs of my data before and after using blackman
window are posted here. the magnitude and the peaks all changed after using blackman window.the peaks magnitude decreased more than ten times. The original ASYST code gives only a little bit lower peak after smoothing(4.2e-6 is the highest peak before smoothing, while 3.6e-6 is the smoothed highest peak).
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,608 Views)
The end result, however, seems to be an increase in the signal-to-noise (which I'm assuming is the ultimate goal). Perhaps you could post a data file (ASCII is best) and what you want the end result to be and see what people come up with.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,608 Views)