LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making A Reminder Function

Hi, I am quite new at LabView and would need some suggestion on making a reminder function. I am planning to use this function to set a reminder to inform user to take their medication and user can set the reminder whether they prefer it as a daily, weekly, 2 weeks, 3 weeks or monthly basis. They can also set the time.

Right now I have encounter a problem which I want to record the month/day of the exact time when my "Turn On/Off Reminder" is "TRUE" but I am not sure how should I do it. I tried using a while loop function to stop and record the timestamp and event case but the way I built it will affect my other functions from working normally. Therefore, I would like to ask is there a possible way of solving this problem to get the day/month which could be passed into my case structure to obtain the time for the next reminder.

**I've use a timestamp indicator to represent as other function to check whether other functions could still be running when any changes made and a boolean 'email' to indicate the signal to send to my email function**

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(1,518 Views)

You need to start with some simple tutorials and understand dataflow and code architecture. None of your code makes any sense at all.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(1,496 Views)

Both the while loop as the event structure 'solution' have the same problem.

All controls are read when the event\while structure start waiting\polling, not when they finish.

Enable execute highlighting to make this problem visible.

Message 3 of 15
(1,473 Views)

Hello,

I am new to LabVIEW and am trying to create multiple alarms at multiple time duration.

(Example: alarm at 6pm , 8pm ,11pm etc.,)

I am able to snooze the alarm but not able to create multiple alarms at different time.

Could someone please help me out

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(1,471 Views)

Hi suba,

@suba_25 wrote:

I am new to LabVIEW and am trying to create multiple alarms at multiple time duration.

(Example: alarm at 6pm , 8pm ,11pm etc.,)

I am able to snooze the alarm but not able to create multiple alarms at different time.

What have you tried and where are you stuck?

Mind to attach your VI(s)?

To handle multiple alarms you should start with just one alarm. Then it should be easy to handle an array of alarms…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(1,458 Views)

Maybe you can talk to some of your classmates (example) that are trying to solve a similar homework problem.

Message 6 of 15
(1,446 Views)

I've tried this approach but I am looking to add multiple alarm at different time duration. Could you help me on how to proceed further? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(1,376 Views)

Please use the Quote button.

Now your message reads like this:

@altenbach wrote:

Maybe you can talk to some of your classmates (example) that are trying to solve a similar homework problem.

@suba_25 wrote:

I've tried this approach but I am looking to add multiple alarm at different time duration. Could you help me on how to proceed further? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(1,373 Views)

@suba_25 wrote:

Post what you've tried, and tell us where you fail.

@suba_25 wrote:

Could you help me on how to proceed further? 

General questions give you general answers.

I'd make an alarm class 😊, then I'd use an array of them for multiple alarms...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(1,371 Views)

I understand that we could use array but I am not sure on how to start with multiple alarms within the array.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(1,273 Views)