From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Access adn Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

if i have already connect my MSaccess database into Labview, and i want to create a button that will generate a report form and instantly print it. is that possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,482 Views)

Yes, this will involve Database Connectivity toolkit, and optionally the report generation.  What part of this are you having problems with.?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,440 Views)

thank you for noticing, appreciated. I just want to have a button in my labview program that when I click it, it will generate report and ready for printing, but I don't have any idea how to do it lol. I don't have the code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,417 Views)

can you give me sample projects that I can use as my reference.. please thankyou

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,413 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 1der-er

If you open the LabVIEW Example Finder (Under the "Help" menu option) there's a couple examples that may be useful references to you.

"Read All Data.vi" does what the name implies, it queries all information from a database and displays it in a table.

As for the report itself, there's so many ways to write a report about a database, there's no real catch-all solution. Barring a more specific idea of what you want to report, I can only direct you towards the Report Generation folder in LabVIEW Example Finder (Example Finder -> Browse -> Directory Structure -> Report Generation). The examples in this folder require the Report Generation Toolkit, as they create reports in MS office.

NickelsAndDimes
Product Support Engineer - sbRIO
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,385 Views)