From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATLAB session timed out when using MATLAB script node

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I am using a MATLAB script node in my LV2017 application.  (Which I compile to an EXE).  It works great!

However, one very large annoyance that I'm running into is that after a certain period of time of inactivity, the MATLAB command window will time out as shown in the screenshot:

2018-02-01_19-58-48.png

After this times out, there is no mechanism (known to me) to start a new session.  This forces me to restart the LabVIEW EXE.  (ouch)

Does anyone have any suggestions for me here?  I'll take either:

• a mechanism to prevent timeout (set inactivity timer to infinity)
  • a mechanism to launch new MATLAB session when needed without restarting the EXE

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,959 Views)

An idea just popped into my head --> I can write a LabVIEW daemon to make small (basically no-op) call to a MATLAB script node every 60 seconds to prevent the session from timing out.

This is hokey, but it will atleast serve my purpose here until somebody potentially offers a better solution.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,945 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author brentjustice

Whelp, I'm dumb.

Apparently, any call to the MATLAB script node will open up a new session if the previous session timed out.

Nothing to see here folks, move along

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,932 Views)