LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for advice on having multiple channel cards

My program is currently working for using one channel card(multiplexer) which holds 20 total channels. But I need more channels and the instrument I'm using can hold up to 3 cards, however anytime I try changing it to read from the next card(basically using 2 cards in one program), it stops/won't continue the program. Anyone have ideas?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,671 Views)

Please share your code. If using 2017 please save for previous version.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,660 Views)

1. Share some code.

2. What instrument and/or cards are you using?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,655 Views)

I attached some example code, I didn't put my whole program because it's not as easy to isolate the problem. I'm using Agilent 34970 and the corresponding functions. It's just the multiplexer cards that go with the instrument.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,650 Views)

I tried a case structure with True being one card and false being the next, but still no luck

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,580 Views)

It has been many many years since I wrote for one of those but I seem to remember something about the sub-addresses being not what I expected. Double check that documentation and your code.

Edit?

I may be thinking of another widget. After 40 years they are all a variation on a theme...

Spoiler
Which is the term a buddy of mine used to describe Jazz.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,572 Views)