From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a waveform function....

Hello,

I am starting to use more waveform type functions, and I am looking for some thoughts as to how to go about doing it. There might already be waveform functions to already do what I am looking for, so I thought I would ask.

So I will have a waveform to start with from a measurement from a DMM in voltage digitizer mode. It will have recorded an AC voltage waveform for a certain period of time. The frequency and amplitude should be fairly constant for most of the waveform, and then at some point in the measurement, the signal stops (or drops below a certain threshold). So I am trying to measure the time from the first point in the waveform, to when the signal drops. I did some asking around, and some have said I am looking for a "signal window" function? Obviously on a scope, this is easy to see and measure. Which waveform functions might I be able to use? Thanks....

waveform.gif

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,282 Views)

Hi z4,

you might calculate the first derivative from your signal.

When the derivative stays below a certain threshold for more than x samples the signal is "stopped"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,249 Views)