LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical question, it's not enought to know LabVIEW, it's necessary intelligence...

Thanks Ben!

I'm glad Sajib is hanging in there.  I really did think he was just trolling us until I saw some of his nicer posts and began to second guess myself.  I still have to wonder what his native language is that makes him think randomly changing  fonts somehow aids in communication.  Oh well.  Good luck to him.

Too bad this Michelle is under the ridiculous impression that simply looking at another's solution to a problem (no matter how INTELLIGENT) is the best way to learn to code.  It IS a great way to get ideas but it's no substitute for thinking things through and actually doing it yourself.   I'm learning C++, Lua and Python right now and though I've read many books and seen many code samples I can't really even start using one of these languages until I start... well, USING it.

Well, time to get back to LW8(sic)! 

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 61 of 97
(1,452 Views)

LOL!! 

And I missed all the fun!  😄

Wow.. 

THis is not the first time a situation like this happens.  As a matter of fact there are another two who did the same thing.  One of which is still very active and actually asked for help this morning.  Having remebered that he specifically asked me never to help him, I still respect that request 😄

Wow!!

Two silly things in this thread.

Michelle1892773 wrote:
Salud to all and goodbye.

She posts this message and keeps on posting...

Michelle1892773 wrote: 

THIS IS MY LAST MESSAGE.

I DON'T RESPOND AGAIN.

Then there were at least 2 additional posts..

Wow.. people have to learn that insulting the people that try to help you is not a good idea.

We should keep a blacklist of such people and post the list in Breakpoint.   LOL!!

😄

Message 62 of 97
(1,422 Views)

Synchronicity- I just stumbled across a thread where I posted a link to this related discussion regarding ethics when helping others with homework started by LV_Pro (that discusssion is almost as old as dirt 🙂 )

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&message.id=1217

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 63 of 97
(1,415 Views)

Ray.R wrote:

We should keep a blacklist of such people and post the list in Breakpoint.   LOL!!

😄

NO!

I was with you right up until you posted that. We I will "turn the other cheek" and let them go.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 02-25-2010 12:49 PM
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 64 of 97
(1,409 Views)

I think he was joking about the official blacklist.

You don't mind if I keep sort of my own private blacklist in my head, though, do you?  Since I was the target of all of the venomous personal attacks?

AK2DM...I actually stumbled across the same link yesterday and debated whether or not to include it in a post!

Message Edited by DianeS on 02-25-2010 12:56 PM
Message 65 of 97
(1,399 Views)

Ben wrote:

Ray.R wrote:

😄

NO!

I was with you right up until you posted that. We I will "turn the other cheek" and let them go.

Ben

I always try to do the same... Until I run out of cheeks.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 66 of 97
(1,392 Views)

Ben wrote:

Ray.R wrote:

😄

NO!

Ben

LOL!!  Ben,
I remebered having asked that question before and you replied (almost) the identical response..  LOL!!
I think we do keep our own blacklist, which serves no purpose, really, since they get help from others anyway..  😄

Back to serious topic:

I'm not sure if Dennis will revisit this thread, but concerning the "Lossy Queue, should I have been able to open it using LV2009 without loading anything else?  I think it may be expecting Open-G stuff... Or is it?

Message 67 of 97
(1,388 Views)
In one of the threads, I mentioned a problem with backsaving to 8.0. I did not look at the messages and just posted the VI. The block in the posted VI needs to be replaced with the Lossy Enqueue Element function.
Message 68 of 97
(1,370 Views)

Ok let me help out without a quote that is more appropriate but more to the agreed end goals.

"Cast not your pearls before swine, for they will trample them and turn and rend you." (Paraphrased from memory as best i can).

But they still have the option to choose not to be swine so therefore no Black-list.

Ben

Ray check your e-mail

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 69 of 97
(1,361 Views)

DianeS wrote:

I think he was joking about the official blacklist.

You don't mind if I keep sort of my own private blacklist in my head, though, do you?  Since I was the target of all of the venomous personal attacks?

Please let me appologize in behalf of the forum for the beating you you endured. Your return to the forums today shows that you are just as tough as the skin on your avatar. Thank you for playing along.

Ben

Message 70 of 97
(1,345 Views)