LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical question, it's not enought to know LabVIEW, it's necessary intelligence...

Of, Course- this is more optomized (and preserves FIFO order)

Or Maybe I Am Not.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 91 of 97
(1,238 Views)

I did not read the whole thread, but I am amazed by the original poster's lack of understanding that he/she behaved completely inappropriately. Next, what amazes me even more is the willingness of members of this forum to educate the poster regarding proper manners, or maybe more precisely, the way they comforted themselves, by discussing the problem at hand and engaging in tangential discussions, that this was just a fluke in the forum. I am no sociologist, but this really looks like a textbook example of normalization of the abnormal, or attempt to reintegrate a loose cannon within the rest of an otherwise well balanced society (at least apparently so!).

This being said, we need to keep in mind that not everybody is raised and groomed according to the same standards. In some societies, the scientific elite (which one would suspect will be the one susceptible to be interested in using LV as a tool) is selected based on elimination of the least capable (or interested) in ingurgitating loads of theorems and abstruse analytical tricks. Besides being truly inane by selecting quick but uncreative minds (for the most part, let's not generalize), it also is usually accompanied by a culture of despise of the "weaker" minds who fail (or again, just rebel) at this game. This used to be a typical policy of the Soviet Union and China, if not other communist countries. I am not saying our original poster has necessarily been a victim of this kind of education, but one has to realize that the world is not yet perfectly homogeneous... for the better!

I would suggest to just laugh it off and use irony. Nothing is more comical than being insulted by an idiot, as one philosopher said... which could be construed as a condescending statement! Oh, well, life IS complicated.

Message 92 of 97
(1,237 Views)

@X. wrote:

I did not read the whole thread, but I am amazed by the original poster's lack of understanding that he/she behaved completely inappropriately. Next, what amazes me even more is the willingness of members of this forum to educate the poster regarding proper manners, or maybe more precisely, the way they comforted themselves, by discussing the problem at hand and engaging in tangential discussions,

Not being a sciologist either.... I agree and commend the bald statements and tangential discussions.  I fully agree the members attempted to tie down a "loose cannon- AND they did

that this was just a fluke in the forum. I am no sociologist, but this really looks like a textbook example of normalization of the abnormal, or attempt to reintegrate a loose cannon within the rest of an otherwise well balanced society (at least apparently so!).

Being a student (thou no master of) society I would argue for an eastern Euopean culture for a few reasons.  First the sentance structure- it does indicate a "western" influence, "Salud" is also a dirivitive of a romance language. Lastly, the tone of michelle's writing was arguably feminine (&No asian female from a repressed country would attack the only obviously feminine poster in the thread so singlmindedly) No, the woman was IMO, born within privilage but, grew up listening to an eastern european "babushka".  Yet, She was offered opportunity to use an uncommonly briliant mind.  Too bad - she did not effectivly engage in a larger society.

This being said, we need to keep in mind that not everybody is raised and groomed according to the same standards. .......B...,, This used to be a typical policy of the Soviet Union and China, if not other communist countries.

On the other hand-  And to the credit of the thread participants- they recognized that "It's not enought to know LabVIEW, it's necessary intelligence"

All, who defended "intellegence" should be commended-  I admit my embarassment with myself for not actively engaging during the course of the thread. Smiley Embarassed

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 93 of 97
(1,159 Views)

Hi all,

this is one of the few time that I read a thread with 10-page length, actually, the title of the thread attracted me, however, while reading the posts, my interest became to see how you are polite and helpful. Although, the author of the thread was not asking to help in a good way, you show the interest to help him more than one time.

I have been programming LabVIEW for more than 5 years, and unfortunately I was not active on this forum, but believe me, in the last three months when I start reading and replying on some posts I learned too much, for example I found that I was doing mistakes in programming especially in Global variables (if Ray and Ben remember).

The purpose of this post is to thank you all for you polite, help and understanding.

By the way I will start to "turn the other cheek"

Thank you all

Message 94 of 97
(1,143 Views)

We enjoy helping others. People have to understand that we are mere volunteers.  If people start insulting us, well... where is the incentive to help?  And sometimes, on rare occasion, if the person bluntly refuses to be helped, what are we to do? 

I re-read the entire 10 pages, having forgotten about this thread and being amused at how she kept attacking those who tried to help. 

Communication is a very important fact of life for Engineers & Scientists.  If you develop something that is not what the customer wants, then you missed the target.  So communication is essential from both sides... The person giving the information and the person receiving it.

I wonder what happened to Michelle1892773 .  Did she learn an important lession in life?  Not just technical, but personal growth...  

No need for Drama... 

Message 95 of 97
(1,122 Views)

Ray.R wrote: 

No need for Drama... 

Smiley Very Happy  No NEED indeed... The desire for it is enough.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 96 of 97
(1,096 Views)

I applaud those who tried to help her as well as your professionalism.  I was intrigued by the title, and felt there might be some good information here, but I got more than I bargained for and she will be talked about for years to come, I'm sure (Jeff, you can guarantee that by keeping this post alive every Christmas).  I to found it odd that she set her focus on Diane, the only female respondent, while others words were much stronger (not harsher, just their response to the OPs criticism).  It made for an entertaining read, I'm sad to say (sad for the OP?  No.  Because I enjoyed it!).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 97 of 97
(1,043 Views)