cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logarithmic Ramp pattern by Delta

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone ,

is any one know the formula of Ramp pattern by delta but in logarithmic type or log spaced vactor between Start value and stop value?

Thanks in advance. your help is highly appreciated

Kuddo welcomed
CLAD-CTD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,719 Views)

Hi Gab,

any one know the formula of Ramp pattern by delta … between Start value and stop value?

step := start
REPEAT
  step += step + delta
UNTIL step >= stop

but in logarithmic type or log spaced vactor

What is a vactor?

And which values do you expect for a "logarithmic type" - when you still want to apply a "delta"?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,714 Views)

What is a vactor?

And which values do you expect for a "logarithmic type" - when you still want to apply a "delta"?

sorry for misspell. Here vector mean Array with value will be in logarithmic scale. 

For example if my start point  =1 and stop point =10 and delta =1,

then in linear type i am expecting  Vector ={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}  (end point included).

Similar for logarithmic Scale, i am expecting  Vector be like ={1,1.29,1.66,2.15,2.78,3.59,4.64,5.99,7.74,10} .

Regards,

Gab

Kuddo welcomed
CLAD-CTD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,695 Views)

Hi Gab,

Similar for logarithmic Scale, i am expecting  Vector be like ={1,1.29,1.66,2.15,2.78,3.59,4.64,5.99,7.74,10} .

How are you calculating these values?

I would try this (as long as you cannot provide anymore details on your values):

check.png

Edit: Found the solution by counting more accurately:

check.png

Why do you ask for a formula when you already can calculate that vector?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,688 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gab008

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Gab,

How are you calculating these values?

I did similar like you. see attached VI.

I would try this (as long as you cannot provide anymore details on your values):

check.png

Why you divide all array element by 10? 

Edit: Found the solution by counting more accurately:

check.png

Why do you ask for a formula when you already can calculate that vector?

I asked for formula because in the help of "Ramp pattern.vi". there is formula for linear and logarithmic type, ramp pattern by Sample. but i am unable to find formula for ramp pattern by delta in logarithmic type. so to make sure that whatever, i am calculating is theoretically correct also.

Kuddo welcomed
CLAD-CTD
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,684 Views)

Hi Gab,

I asked for formula because in the help of "Ramp pattern.vi". there is formula for linear and logarithmic type, ramp pattern by Sample. but i am unable to find formula for ramp pattern by delta in logarithmic type.

That answer is simple: the "Delta" instance of the Ramp function does NOT support logarithmic type. So there only is a formula for linear ramps given in the help…

I would go this way:

check.png

With logarithmic scales you most often want either some certain values (like 1, 2, 5, 10) or "evenly spaced" on the logarithmic scale - as calculated by the Ramp function in "Samples" mode…

But thanks, now I learned about the "logarithmic" feature of the Ramp function. Never needed that before!

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 6 of 6
(3,672 Views)