cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Ni-Max

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,758 Views)

(Not sure why my first post is not there - seems as though explorer 9 was the culprit)

I am trying to lock Ni-Max so that my tasks and calibration information can not be changed.

Is there a way to do this? Or is there a way to handle this problem within labview?

Thanks for any suggestions!

mm

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,751 Views)

See this post.  Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4

Can you set up user access control on your Windows installation so that the user is not permitted to execute MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,740 Views)

We are using XP and the machine is logged in with a general user id so I am not aware of how to do that exactly.

I did look at there are several free apps we can use to lock the NIMAX exe file but I would think there would be a way to protect the data within one of the NI utils etc.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,722 Views)

@wedge wrote:

We are using XP and the machine is logged in with a general user id so I am not aware of how to do that exactly.

I did look at there are several free apps we can use to lock the NIMAX exe file but I would think there would be a way to protect the data within one of the NI utils etc.

None that I know of. If anything there is a big sign over the door say welcome!

Go with the simple approach.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,718 Views)

Use the NI system config API to save your configuration (to a read only file) and load the config at run-time.  Smiley Wink  keeps the users pretty honest

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,717 Views)

And everything can be set in LabVIEW. No need at all to create tasks in MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,705 Views)

Great suggestions but can you expand on how to do that exactly?

1) When you say save the configuration - do I do that programmatically (Sys cfg pallet) or in NIMAX?

2) Once the config is what would I use to load it – do I just init using the Measurement I/O  /  System Config pallet?

Thanks!

M

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,703 Views)

"And everything can be set in LabVIEW. No need at all to create tasks in MAX."

Thats a good point - I could create my tasks but (long story short) we have a calibration group that likes to use NIMAX for calibration.

M

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,696 Views)

Add a good backup scheme to that plan then.

If you can't stop them from breaking it, at least you will be able to put it back together.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 10 of 10
(2,681 Views)