From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of files and subfolders in a folder

hello everyone

I want to List of files and subfolders in a folder,display use List box,at the list box.Each line in the front of the display file type icon.Behind the display name of the file. I check the related information,somebody use List the folder functions and Initialize the array,at the Initialize the array,it is connected Enumerated constants,can choose file and floder.so, I want to know how to do.

thank you  very much!

best regards for you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(10,463 Views)
I don't think that what you are interested in doing is very hard. There is a low-level function in LabVIEW that will list the files and subdirectories in a starting path. Does this need to be done recursively to any depth? If so the is a built-in function that will list all files and folders under a given starting directory.

More confusing is the issue of displaying the results. Could you perhaps draw sort of a mock-up of what you wanting to create? You mention icons, what sort of icons? General symbols to distinguish between files and folders, or unique icons like in Windows explorer?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 6
(10,458 Views)
If you just need to list the files or folder inside a main folder, then list folder will gives you proper output.
Else if you need to get list of all folders,sub folders,and files inside a root directory you can use recursive path functionality it's like (*.*) functionality in Windows

As Mike suggested share us the code you tried and brief us more about icons that you are referring.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(10,453 Views)

Hi hereby ihave attached the simple vi which does simple files and folder display with symbol, whereas if u want some event to happen on selecting the folder to show files, use tree control.

Message 4 of 6
(10,450 Views)

First of all, thank you very much for your answer.After a lot of search, I found that it is called a list box symbols, please see the appendix.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(10,341 Views)

First of all, thank you very much for your answer.After a lot of search, I found that it is called a list box symbols, please see the appendix.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(10,340 Views)