From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux - Cannot find file containing LabVIEW Configuration Settings

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I am using LabVIEW 2019 (64Bit) in a Linux environment (CentOS 7) and I am trying to find the file that contains the configuration settings stored by LabVIEW.

In Windows, the settings are stored in “LabVIEW.ini” which typically can be found in "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20xx". In Linux, the settings should be stored in a “.labviewrc” file in both the program directory (i.e. system-wide settings) and the home directory (i.e. user-specific settings).

Unfortunately, I was not able to find any “.ini” or “.labviewrc” file in any directory (I searched in all directories, not only the program and home directory).

Additional information:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000PA7rSAG&l=nl-NL

Message 1 of 3
(2,423 Views)
Solution

I couldn't find a file named .labviewrc but on CentOS 7 there is a file in /home/vitech/natinst/.config/LabVIEW-xxxx called labview.conf which looks the same as the regular labview.ini file

Message 2 of 3
(2,374 Views)

Hi everyone, 

FYI: There is indeed a file path "/natinst/.config/LabVIEW-20xx" in the "home" directory which includes a file called "labview.conf". This file seems to include the LabVIEW configuration settings that I was looking for. I was not able to find it in the first place since both the file path and the file itself are hidden.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,338 Views)