cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux - Cannot find file containing LabVIEW Configuration Settings

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I am using LabVIEW 2019 (64Bit) in a Linux environment (CentOS 7) and I am trying to find the file that contains the configuration settings stored by LabVIEW.

In Windows, the settings are stored in “LabVIEW.ini” which typically can be found in "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20xx". In Linux, the settings should be stored in a “.labviewrc” file in both the program directory (i.e. system-wide settings) and the home directory (i.e. user-specific settings).

Unfortunately, I was not able to find any “.ini” or “.labviewrc” file in any directory (I searched in all directories, not only the program and home directory).

Additional information:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000PA7rSAG&l=nl-NL

Message 1 of 3
(2,436 Views)
Solution

I couldn't find a file named .labviewrc but on CentOS 7 there is a file in /home/vitech/natinst/.config/LabVIEW-xxxx called labview.conf which looks the same as the regular labview.ini file

Message 2 of 3
(2,387 Views)

Hi everyone, 

FYI: There is indeed a file path "/natinst/.config/LabVIEW-20xx" in the "home" directory which includes a file called "labview.conf". This file seems to include the LabVIEW configuration settings that I was looking for. I was not able to find it in the first place since both the file path and the file itself are hidden.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,351 Views)