From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing

Solved!
Go to solution

If I purchase a license for 64-bit LabView, can I use 32-bit? Also, if I purchase a LabView 2019 license, can I use LabView2016? (I am currently supporting a LabView 2016 program on a 32-bit operating system, but if I by a license, I'd like to get the latest and greatest.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,398 Views)
Solution
Accepted by rkh1957

A LabVIEW license is good for the current version when it was bought (with SSP, extend a year) and any older version.  There is no separate license for 64 or 32 bit versions.  You can use either with the same license.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,387 Views)

IIRC, downloading older versions can be a problem though. Or is that just the run time engines?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,382 Views)

If I can't get the installation files for LV2016, I can work locally in 2019 and then save for 2016 before transferring files to the target computer, which has a LV2016 license. I'm used to working in a corporate environment where our VLA covered the most up-to-date version and all previous versions; just trying to find out if the same rules apply now that I'm working as a private consultant. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,361 Views)

Thanks. That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure before I spent the $.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,356 Views)

@rkh1957 wrote: just trying to find out if the same rules apply now that I'm working as a private consultant.

You might want to talk to NI about being part of the Alliance Partner Network.  You can get the Software Reference Library pretty cheap (annual renewal required as it is actually a lease).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,347 Views)