LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview

I am new to labview. I am doing a project on detection and classification of disturbances. Can anyone please help to generate different disturbances such as sag, swell, interruptions, hormonics etc.....? I have searched it in many websites, books and unable to do anything. Please help me out to sort it. I will be very much thankful for it. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(1,654 Views)

Hi Bhavari,

@Bhavani08 wrote:

I am new to labview. I am doing a project on detection and classification of disturbances.

When you are new to LabVIEW (which can be seen by the way you spell LabVIEW) you should take all those "Training resources" as offered in the header of the LabVIEW board!

@Bhavani08 wrote:

Can anyone please help to generate different disturbances such as sag, swell, interruptions, hormonics etc.....?

All you need to supply are the math formulas behind those "disturbances"! Once you can write down the math you can start to implement them in LabVIEW…

What kind of signal is to be disturbed?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(1,613 Views)

@Bhavani08 wrote:

Can anyone please help to generate different disturbances such as sag, swell, interruptions, hormonics etc.....? 

I sure can help by generating interruptions... 😈

Not sure how to generate sag, swell or 'hormonics' disturbance in a post.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(1,547 Views)

Ya sure do help me. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(1,541 Views)

@Bhavani08 wrote:

Ya sure do help me. 

Ask general questions, get general answers...

We have no idea what you're doing or trying to do.

"classification of disturbances" can mean almost anything. Sound? Video? Voltage? Text? Color? Weather? Bowl movement? Blood pressure? Aura?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(1,533 Views)

My project is detection and classification of voltage disturbances in single phase power system using LabView such as voltage sag ,voltage swell,interruptions ,harmonics etc...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(1,471 Views)

@Bhavani08 wrote:

My project is detection and classification of voltage disturbances in single phase power system using LabView such as voltage sag ,voltage swell,interruptions ,harmonics etc...

That's slightly more detailed. Now what is your problem with these?

Don't know the mathematics to do it? We are not a mathematics advisory board.

Don't know how to get those signals in your computer? What hardware do you have or at least were you planning to purchase?

Don't know how to do a specific mathematical algorithme? What algorithme and formula is that?

You might be into something that appears to be a bit over your head. Start slow and at the basics. Learn about LabVIEW programming by doing smaller and simpler tasks first. Make a requirement specification that states the way you want to measure those signals, store them on your machine, process them with specific algorithms and then start tackling one piece a time from the bottom up.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(1,469 Views)

I have no idea in implementing these mathematical equations in LabView .If you could help me that would be great.I need to generate disturbances using the following equations ,

voltage sag

v(t)=A(1-k(u(t2)-u(t1)))sin(ωt)

A=1 p.u

f=50 Hz

=2πf

0.1<k<0.9

Tt2-t1<9T

voltage swell

v(t)=A(1+k(u(t2)-u(t1)))sin(ωt)

A=1 p.u

f=50 Hz

=2πf

0.1<k<0.9

Tt2-t1<9T

voltage sag with harmonic

v(t)=A(1-k(u(t2)-u(t1)))(sinωt+h3sin3ωt+h5sin5ωt+h7sin7ωt)

A=1 p.u

f=50 Hz

=2πf

0.1<k<0.9

0hi0.25,

i=3,5,7

voltage swell with harmonic

v(t)=A(1+k(u(t2)-u(t1)))(sinωt+h3sin3ωt+h5sin5ωt+h7sin7ωt)

A=1 p.u

f=50 Hz

=2πf

0.1<k<0.9

0hi0.25,

i=3,5,7

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(1,463 Views)

Hi Bhavani,

these are pretty basic math formulas.

@Bhavani08 wrote:

I have no idea in implementing these mathematical equations in LabView .If you could help me that would be great.I need to generate disturbances using the following equations ,

voltage sag

v(t)=A(1-k(u(t2)-u(t1)))sin(ωt)

A=1 p.u

f=50 Hz

=2πf

0.1<k<0.9

Tt2-t1<9T

A, k, w=2pif are inputs, constant in the equation.

All you need is a loop to iterate over your t interval (t2, t1)…

What have you tried so far? Where are you stuck?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(1,449 Views)

t1 and t2 is the starting and ending time of voltage sag. I am actualy struck at the term u(t-t1) and u(t-t2),it is unit step function and how should it be actually given?? I tried using formula node and formula waveform but there was no function that implements the step function in both the cases. I am unable to give the u(t-t1) and u(t-t2) as input,even if I try I got error. Any suggestions ??

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(1,444 Views)