LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview set frequency Hioki 3532

Hi!

I'm beginner in labview.

I want to set frequency to Hitester Hioki 3532. I created a small programm for that, block diagramm in attachment. If I set frequency True, programm reads frequency from Hioki and shows it correctly in "output value". But when  I set frequency False and insert value in "Input value", the programm doesn't set new frequency value to hioki, on hioki display is old value.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,857 Views)

Hi Zancis,

as we don't know what you do in all those subVIs we cannot tell you where you have gone wrong!

For changing settings in a device you should read it's manual in the first place to know the correct commands and their parameters!

Btw. when attaching pictures of a block diagram you should prefer the PNG graphics format…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,849 Views)

SubVIs block diagramms in attachment. I got this SubVIs from driver files Hioki3522e.llb, also attached below.

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,807 Views)
What you should do is test the :FREQ command in MAX with the value you are passing and then do an ERR? query if the instrument does not respond.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,794 Views)

Just for testing I ran this program from another computer and it works! Operating systems for both computers is Windows XP.

What can be different?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,785 Views)
I don't know. Same versions of NI-VISA? Have you tried the test panels and the error query? Have you done an NI-Spy/I/O Trace on both to do a capture and comparison?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,779 Views)

Hi Zancis,

your computer is set to use a comma as decimal separator, atleast the one used to make the screenshot.

Most (if not all) measurement devices like to have their numbers using the point as decimal separator. Either switch regional settings of your computer or use proper format strings to sent correct commands to your device!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,771 Views)