cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview serial communication with RS 232

Solved!
Go to solution

What help do you need?

In your image, I can see you have a DDT to array back to DDT (dynamic data type) between the Amplitude Express VI and the Build Table Express VI.  You can safely eliminate both of those and just leave the blue DDT wire between them.

Beyond that, you need to ask a question before I can help with anything.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 56
(1,606 Views)

I have cleared the DDT.  I want to take the values from the table of values multiply them by a factor of 0.009775 and then display these on a plot.  However the plot in the previous VI you uploaded were not giving me a continuous value.  They were alternating as shown in the front panel picture.

How can be solved? 

Kind regards

Pravish

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 56
(1,604 Views)

I am sorry i uploaded the front panel twice.  I am attaching the block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 56
(1,599 Views)

Hello all

I am once again turning back to you for your kind help and advice.  I am doing wireless communication from a wind turbine to a remote located computer to plot voltage values against time.  However I am unable to plot the voltage values.  I am successful at doing the wireless transmission and calculating the voltage values but I am unable to log these values in a graphical mode against time.  All I have been able to do is to find a means to display the voltage values.  I tried using Basic XY plot to plot the voltage values but I do not know how to put the time data on the x-axis.  I used the XY plot to generate a speed graph.  I am attaching a vi for reference purposes.

I will be very grateful if you could help me plot the voltage values againt time.

Thanks in anticipation.

Kind regards

Kunal

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 56
(1,477 Views)

You aren't acquiring any time information so it's impossible to plot against time. If you were to look at the example called Real Time Chart, you could use a Wait (ms) value as the multiplier value for the chart. You could also use the Get Date/Time function and pass the value to an XY Graph.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 56
(1,470 Views)

Hi

The example on real time is not running on labview 2011.  I tried reproducing it on 2011 but i was unsuccessful.  I am also unable to proceed forward with your other solutions.  I have a project demonstration to do tomorrow.  Do you mind helping me to sort out out this issue?

Kind regards

Kunal

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 56
(1,460 Views)

First of all, the mentioned example runs very well on 2011. It is a very old example and there is no reason you can't run it. The block diagram is below.

Second of all, I do not have the hardware so I cannot run the program. Does the VISA read represent a single sample? If not, then do you know the sample rate of the instrument that is providing the data? You can simply use that as the multiplier for your chart.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 56
(1,456 Views)

Hi

Thanks for the fast reply.  I have tried opening it again.  I have attached the error message i am getting.  My device is sending data at a rate of 9600 bits per second.  If possible, can you please save your snippet and upload the VI in labview 2011, please.

Kind regards

Kunal

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 56
(1,451 Views)

The snippet IS in version 2011, you did not attach anything, and the baud rate is totally irrelevant. What I asked was how many samples the 200 bytes represents. That simply means how many discrete readings. You convert this to an array and I have no idea if this is one value or one hundred. To repeat what I said, if it is multiple discrete readings, the sample rate of the instrument is what you should be using for the chart's multiplier.

p.s. If you are not using Internet Explorer, first save the png to a local location and then copy/drag it to a block diagram. Though there should be no need for this. The only reason I posted the snippet was that you could verify that you actually opened the correct example.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 56
(1,448 Views)

The value 200 is an arbitrary value that i have used.  I dragged the snippet on labview 2011 but there are errors on running it.  I have attached the error picture.  Can you please look at it?

Kind regards

Kunal

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 56
(1,444 Views)