LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview serial communication with RS 232

Solved!
Go to solution

I still don't understand why you don't simply load the example yourself. I dragged the snippet to a block diagram and had no problem. You can simply delete the reference and wires, right click on the property nodes, and select Link To>Pane>Strip Chart.

So the 200 bytes is arbitrary. Does that mean you are getting a single sample every time you do a VISA Read? I've asked you that 3 times now.

Below is an XY graph that shows absolute time on the x axis.

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 56
(1,818 Views)

Thanks a lot for sending me the program.  I am sorry for not replying you this.  Indeed each time a sample is read when the visa read is done.  I am encountering another problem.  I merged my initial program with the one you just gave me.  The visa stopped reading and there is no output displayed on my XY plot also.

What can be the possible cause please?

Kind regards

Kunal

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 56
(1,808 Views)

You were not supposed to merge the two. It was a simple example to show you how to get the timestamp for each sample. You should have just added the time functions and changed your chart to an xy graph.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 56
(1,806 Views)

I have attached what I have actually done.  Can you please include your proposed modifications?  I will be really grateful to you.

Kind regards

Kunal

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 56
(1,799 Views)

Please pay attention to what I said. Simply make the few changes to your main loop.

I cannot edit or modify an image.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 56
(1,793 Views)

I modified the main loop as follows.  I am getting an output on on the decimal value indicators and voltage read indicators on my front panel but there is no display on the XY plot.  Can you please suggest a solution?

Kind regards

Kunal

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 56
(1,787 Views)

Go into the Build XY Table Express VI and uncheck the box "clear data each call".

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 56
(1,776 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pravish

Sorry, I also gave you some confusing information. The start time must actually be outside the loop.

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 56
(1,771 Views)

Thanks a lot for your help and patience.  I appreciated it very much.

Kind regards

Kunal

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 56
(1,764 Views)

Hi

I have been noticing that when labview is reading data from my microcontroller it does not display the data instantaenously.  It displays the data after some delay despite I did not put any delay.  When reading the same data in another software, there is no delay in displaying the data. 

Can anyone enlighten me on this issue, please?

Thanks.

Kind regards

Kunal

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 56
(1,722 Views)