From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview robotic module: Inverse Kinematics

i upload a 5-axes arm from solidworks to labview. actually i can command this arm and i can get correctly the different coordinates of my end effector (i verify this using the forward kinematics vi). but the problem is when i try to calculate the inverse kinematics, an error which is handled ''Error -310040 occurred at NI_Kinematics.lvlib:Inverse Kinematics (Point).vi : LabVIEW Robotics:  (Hex 0xFFFB44E8) LabVIEW cannot converge to a solution in the number of steps you specified. Make sure that the serial arm can achieve the transform you desire.'' so i try to get a position calculated by the forward kinematics vi, so am sure that my arm can achieve this position, but the same error is also handled. 

so i upload for u my vi to understand more my problem

thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,265 Views)

yes i did..i think that my problem come from an error in DH parameters..so i upload my vi in order to verify them with me 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,174 Views)

I downloaded the .zip folder you posted, but it says that it's empty. Could you try to repost that?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,162 Views)

i upload it again but i think that u ll get the same problem

i can pass to u my email(if u want) it will be easier to send u my files

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,159 Views)

i use labview robotic module to command a 5-axes robotic arm. so upload the design of my arm from solidworks to labview using the extension vrml (.wrl). but i didn't find a method to complete axes of the different links..how should i so organize these axes ( as shown in pictures below. it's only a simple try but it's not correct the organization of these axes that i've made). i didn't understand which method i can use in order to get after that correct results when i will use denavit hartenberg convention

thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,168 Views)

You're probably going to want to check your math. Can you give it more steps? Which coordinates are giving you problems?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,146 Views)

i made the design of my arm using Solidworks and i upload this arm to the robotic environment simulator of labview using the extension VRML .wrl (as shown in the picture which are saved in the folder "links axis" below : my first problem is there: which method i use to make the axe of each link), then i made the different joints (here i used the convention of hartenberg to make the different axis).then i passed to my code where i tried to verify the forward kinematics, first i put an indicator to observe hartenberg parameters:i notice that they are OK except the coordinate offset joint i don't know wh‌y they aren't null..then i verify the position of my end effector: it's OK,,but from these positions i couldn't realize the inverse kinematics(the error is show below).i think that the problem come from the oganization of different axis of each link

u can consult my vi/project in the folder below

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,144 Views)

Can you provide some more information regarding what you've tried previously, if any? What do you mean by organizing the axes?

Marco C.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,129 Views)

u can see the folder below,,u ll understand my problem

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,126 Views)