LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview "Tab" under string function

Hi,

I have a string constant of data in 3 longgggggggggg columns, I have to seperate out the columns by enabling "tab"  to see the values of the data. 

Does anyone have any solutions on how to create this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(4,346 Views)

-Provide Sample data to explain the question better along with VI/LabVIEW snippet.
-Are you going to read from file? What is the format of the file?
-You can check Read From Spreadsheet File VI:https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/glang/read_from_spreadsheet_file/

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(4,342 Views)

Sorry about it, forgotten to upload the vi.

Basically given the data file I have provided, the string should come out in 3 "tabbed" columns.

The formate of the file is just a text file. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(4,330 Views)

- Use Read from Text File Function to read the file and provide file path to the respective file path.

- Use Spreadsheet String To Array Function to convert to data to array of data.

- Refer the example provided here for reference:https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-9290

- You can exclude the Array subset since you need all columns of data.

Edit: P.S. Sorry on mobile, can't see VI if possible post snippet using : http://www.ni.com/tutorial/9330/en/

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(4,315 Views)

Basically, from the snipped photo I have shown, I have to make the 3 columns into seperate tabs using block diagram components. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(4,305 Views)
Use "Spreadsheet String To Array Function" to convert to string to tab delimited array data.
-Connect String to "spreadsheet string" input
-Connect %s to "format string" input
-Connect 2D array of String constant to "array type" input.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(4,292 Views)

Great option! I chose the "read spreadsheet" and eliminated my previous vi to get this as shown on the snipped photo.

Now, as you can see I have 3 columns, and i have to plot the 3 columns on a xy graph, say:

Column 1 vs Column 3 , 

Column 2 vs Column 3,

Column 2 vs Column 1,

I tried to build the xy graph component a shown, but I have no idea how to link it. Any solutions to that? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(4,289 Views)

-Check examples provided along with labview: Help-> Find examples-> Search for XY Graph.

-I believe you definitely need to learn about LabVIEW. Please try below free online material :

Start with below links to learn about LabVIEW programming 

NI Learning Center

NI Getting Started

-LabVEW Basics

3 Hour LabVIEW Introduction

6 Hour LabVIEW Introduction

LabVIEW Graphical Programming Course

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(4,283 Views)

XYGraph_Forum.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 9 of 19
(4,271 Views)

ModifiedXYGraph_Forum.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(4,257 Views)