LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview on Win 10 ARM 64 on Raspberry PI

Hello follow Raspberry Fans and Labview Cracks,

even though everyone in the Forums (here as well as in Win10 Forums and the Raspi Forums) told it is not possible to run a Labview application directly on the PI (with a "Head"), i've managed to do it and the performance from my pov is acceptable.

Short How to

Win10 19H2, WOR Project, "handinstall" the packages of the installer

I will make a proper "How to" when its working properly.

Now to the problems, but first some things to know:

The Win10 64 ARM uses an emulator to run x86 apps, which is according to the Windows forums capable to emulate SSE2 insctructions.

HWInfo32 also showed MMX, SSE and SSE2 as green (7.02)

First i used LV2020. The installation of the run time was a bit tricky but i could manage it. But the .exe than give back an Error related to SSE2.

Than is used a LV2014 Installation (used the same vi saved as downgrade vom 2020) and build it with disabled SSE2 optimization and it WORKED !

The Question now is: can i disable the SSE2 stuff somehow (i tryed already via XML editing in the .lvproject-->nope, the option is gone in advanced since LV2017...) in the LV2020 app builder?

How does Labview figure out, if SSE2 instruction is supported--> i might can trick it so its think its supported (maybe).

Any other suggestions are also welcome. (P.S. I know of the Linx toolkit and the web module solution)

Best regards

Cheaterlow

Message 1 of 24
(4,380 Views)

Maybe NI should listen in on this topic.  You may be creating a roadmap for them!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 24
(4,332 Views)

@Cheaterlow wrote:

How does Labview figure out, if SSE2 instruction is supported--> i might can trick it so its think its supported (maybe).

Any other suggestions are also welcome. (P.S. I know of the Linx toolkit and the web module solution)

Probably (haven't tested it), but (also probably) not officially.

If you turn on scripting and the secret scripting options, 3 SSE compiler options show up. There's also a VI flag for SSE, but that probably won't suffice or it would be impractical.

I've seen other successful attempts of 'a' LabVIEW exe running on a RPi under Windows. I think the problem is running LabVIEW development on it.

A more detailed instruction would be nice.

Getting GPIO working would be nice.

I keep getting stuck in getting the RPi image... I subscribed to the insider program, but it keeps telling me to subscribe. I'm not sure if that's still an issue.

Message 3 of 24
(4,237 Views)

@Cheaterlow wrote:

That is usually done by executing the cpuid assembly instruction and evaluating the returned register values for certain flags. There is no hope to fake this; unless your x86 simulator does properly emulate this AND implement the actual SSE functionality, there won't be any hope.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(4,208 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

I've seen other successful attempts of 'a' LabVIEW exe running on a RPi under Windows. I think the problem is running LabVIEW development on it.

Windows 10 and LabVIEW on Raspberry Pi4 - YouTube and Labview for raspberry pi 3 - NI Community.

That is on a RPi3. Also, the more people try, succeed and document it, the better.

Message 5 of 24
(4,205 Views)

So i tryed several things and it looks like it wont work with a newer LV version.

Can anybody tell if :

app.compiler.sse1 code generation

app.compiler.sse2 code generation

app.compiler.sse runtime optimization

are still considered during application building?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(4,181 Views)

Are you getting the SSE error? Or another error?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(4,154 Views)

Yes i'm still getting SSE error

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(4,146 Views)

You should think about why other people don't want to discuss this issue in this forum?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(3,617 Views)

@hugoshih wrote:

You should think about why other people don't want to discuss this issue in this forum?

I can tell you why I haven't. I don't have time to tackle yet another project besides my work, family and other LabVIEW interests. 😁 Also for my own personal feelings, this exercise has little other merits than to show off how well one can hack things. It's to involved and complicated to be a viable option for Joe average to use. Even if NI should decide to create a fully supported option for this, it would be a one time thing, not something they could and would support long term as it is simply to much effort to keep that running over the years.

Don't suspect conspiracies, when there are other much more profane reasons for something. 😁

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 10 of 24
(3,615 Views)