cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview myRIO simple Audio Input to Audio Output exercise

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

This may be a very simple question but it is my first time on Labview and I am having a lot of trouble. I am trying to plug a speaker into the Audio Out of myRIO boad, and connect the audio out to the microphone input of my laptop. 

I tried designing a very simple system with a timed loop that contains an analog input and analog output block. All I connected was the output of the Anlog Input to the input of the Analog Output. I tried my setup but I herd no noise outputting form the speaker. 

Thank You for all the help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,107 Views)

Your description is not clear. Do you connect anything at all to the audio in? (You describe connecting two different things to the audio out, which seems physically impossible).

Can you show us your code? What is the rate of the timed loop?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,094 Views)

I have attached a pdf with the image. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,092 Views)

Well, that image tells us almost nothing.

How are the express VIs configured? You are running the timed loop with a 1kHz clock and a dt=1000, meaning that it reads and writes a single sample every second. This is insufficient for audio. Isn't there a shipping example for audio that you can inspect?

(Sorry, I don't have a myRIO (yet), so I cannot help you further).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,076 Views)

I appreciate the reply I did not know thats how the timer worked. What should I set it at to be able to keep up with  the output sound of my speakers?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,072 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sterz

Well, fortunately you are running on an FPGA, so you can go near infinitely fast. 😄

Try to loop at >20kHz, for example. (Audio range).

Are you sure there is no shipping example dealing with audio processing?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,064 Views)

Also note that there is a dedicated myRIO community that might be better able to help you. Good luck!

According to the NI myRIO Project Essentials Guide, there is an example for the microphone. That should get you started.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,062 Views)