LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview issue.

Hi! Im begginer with labview and arduino. I am trying to make a project for my University with arduino uno. So, as you can see in the screenshot below, program doesnt run normally. Current goin only until there and cant get through to the loop. I also tried to make the circuit simple so I remove the loop but problem still there. Anyone any help? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,493 Views)

Actually, that is not called a "circuit".  (That term is for something with electricity flowing through wires.)  It is a block diagram.

The problem is that it is stuck in the first subVI where you start establishing communication with the Arduino.  Have you allowed it to run long enough?  At least 10 seconds, which is the default timeout for VISA serial communication?  My guess is that the subVI is hanging up trying to establish communication and would return a timeout error after 10 seconds.

You need to look into that subVI, assuming it is not password protected, to see where it is hung up in there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,478 Views)

Thank you for your reply! How can I look into the subVI? What sould I do? Sorry but it is my first project so...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,472 Views)

Double click on it!

Have you taken any LabVIEW tutorials?

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
Learn LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,464 Views)

Yes I've done this before but I didn't find anything strange. Check it on too! 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,439 Views)

@sille10 wrote:

Yes I've done this before but I didn't find anything strange. Check it on too! 

Thanks.

Did you try opening the block diagram of the Init VI and turn on highlight execution there?  You simply need to dig into the hierarchy of VIs until you find exactly where the hangup is.  Then we can can start to figure out how to correct it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,435 Views)

And this is where taking those tutorials come in handy!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,428 Views)

So, the problem solved but an 5003 error happened... 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,424 Views)

@sille10 wrote:

That sounds like a problem ... 🙂

Also, next time pick a useful subject line. Since this is the LabVIEW forum, ~100% of all posts deal with a "Labview issue" one way or another. Picking a good subject line eliminates ambiguities and dramatically increases the chance that somebody actually reads your post.

Message 9 of 11
(2,414 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@sille10 wrote:

That sounds like a problem ... 🙂

5003 is in the User defined error range so you will have to find that text in the code.

Do a search on the text "5003".

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,411 Views)