LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview is very slow

Hi Ton,

Your suggestion is worth to(e)n stars ! Smiley Very Happy

It dropped the VIs' sizes from 25.8 & 26.8 to 2.22 & 4.19 MBs respectively.

Hi GerdW,

I need a 4Kx4K array of 0s to initialize because the user will configure many test steps of 16xN digital test signals (of 0s&1s) for as many test steps he wants to have.

I m writing these large chunks of data in a file with their corresponding Sl No for reference at what step does the Test contains Digital Signals' data. So while configuring the Test Conditions, the user may Insert, Replace or Delete a Digital Signals' data Test step for N no of times, before freezing on the most optimum sequence of Test steps.

I internally play with this array only, when everytime a constant chunk of 16xN digital data comes from the sub-VI that pops up for the user to set the digital signal values (0s&1s) in a Str Table, which in turn grows automatically column-wise filled with default 0s when a Numeric spin control called Samples is increased. The user will enter 1s whereever he wants & tell OK in the sub-VI. Array (16xN) comes to the main VI.

I dont want the array to get dried up, in the sense, say at Sl No 200 ( Test step 200 to be more precise ), a digital test step is present, I ve to write 0s into the H/W for the rest of the above steps ( each step contains a constant row size of 16 - to be noted ).

So, I need to replace the data I get from the small one-set (16xN) array from the sub-VI, into the main array of the main VI at the 200x16=3200th row, and in turn write this whole set of data in the file I mentioned earlier above.

I hope this explains the purpose of my initializing a huge array data of 4Kx4K in the VI.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 11 of 12
(423 Views)
You can get additional pointers for dealing with large data sets in the tutorial Managing Large Data Sets in LabVIEW.
Message 12 of 12
(416 Views)