From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview interface with MongoDb or similar NoSql database

Yeah. It did work! Thanks a lot!Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 51
(3,607 Views)

Hey, I tried using the LabVIEW wrappers and the VI GetCollectionNames.vi is broken. The error I get states that the MongoDatabase node ( GetCollectionNames ) has an unwired node. Yet, no matter how many times I rewire the nodes, it remains broken. Any ideas on what the problem is or what the problem actually is?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 51
(3,570 Views)

@BigJosh2013 wrote:

Hey, I tried using the LabVIEW wrappers and the VI GetCollectionNames.vi is broken. The error I get states that the MongoDatabase node ( GetCollectionNames ) has an unwired node. Yet, no matter how many times I rewire the nodes, it remains broken. Any ideas on what the problem is or what the problem actually is?

It would help if you posted your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 51
(3,560 Views)

It's located in the zip in message 7 of this Discussion forurm. The VI in question is GetCollectionNames.vi.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 51
(3,551 Views)

I was able to fix the issue when I modified the Get Collection Names.vi by deleting the database node that calls GetCollectionNames, created a new database node and setting it to GetCollectionNames, and wiring it. Go figure.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 51
(3,532 Views)

This is awesome,

but i have one doubt,

how can i assign the ID to the MongoDocument, i see that in this example you generate and ObjectID (Type) and ID, so,

if i need an ID like 1, 2, 3 how can i make it?

thanks anyway!!!!

and great work!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 51
(3,404 Views)

Hi EstebanVS,

You might want to try to make a new forum post. This one is over six months old, and there's a good chance the original poster won't reply.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 51
(3,355 Views)
Hi Esteban,

The _id field is the one which mongodb uses as a primary key, you can set it to anything (in the BSON record). In the mongodb docs there is a way to have an auto incrementing id (http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/tutorial/create-an-auto-incrementing-field/).

Hope that helps! It's been a while since I looked at this.

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 51
(3,349 Views)

wow, thanks for your reply guys,

i will look at it, but in the example you post theres no way to write right?

Pete.Dunc escribió:
Hi Esteban,

The _id field is the one which mongodb uses as a primary key, you can set it to anything (in the BSON record). In the mongodb docs there is a way to have an auto incrementing id (http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/tutorial/create-an-auto-incrementing-field/).

Hope that helps! It's been a while since I looked at this.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 51
(3,339 Views)
To make it happen you would edit the BSON creation to include a field called _id with the data type you need. The other option is to create a new field which is unique and create an index for it.

http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/tutorial/create-a-unique-index/

Regards,

Peter D

Message 20 of 51
(3,312 Views)