LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview driven USB Label printer

I have Zebra  TLP3844-Z on USB and with easy text report I always get error "Invalid printer name" even with the Default printer name found with Query available printers.

I want to print barcode label define with zpl .txt file and DOS print command to printer on LPT port work great, but I must use 2 printers and target PC haven’t any LPT port.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 30
(7,646 Views)
The error that you are receiving might have to do with the margins that you have set.  Please see this article for more details on troubleshooting this error, thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30
(7,617 Views)

Problem is that I must send only data, nothing elese, no margins, page format... nothing and these is a problem, how to do that in Windows. With DOS Print file command these can be done, but only if printer is on LPT1.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 30
(7,602 Views)
If you are using the TLP-3844 then you also have the serial port option.  I am now up to about 35 of these and all of them so far have all three communication options (RS-232, USB, LPT) standard.  You should be able to use the included software with the printer to layout your barcode and then serially send your text.  Zebra has very good serial suppport and I think it should work for you, although it is definitely harder than lpt or usb default printing.  and if you have to go USB then go with a USB to serial converter.
Message 14 of 30
(7,588 Views)

Hi JB,

Will you be able to share your driver and use with a Citizen printer.

I am to use a CBM1000 USB printer. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 30
(7,272 Views)

Hi Gelb,

There is a lot of work and knowledge behind this driver and therefore I'm not willing to share it on this forum. Please give me your email so I can contact you privately.

Have a nice day

PS : Gelb --> do you speak german ?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 30
(7,265 Views)

Hi JB,

Ja ich spreche ein bischen deutsch aber nicht gut. Spricht du aus?

Mine email is gelbvonn@yahoo.com

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Cheers,

JB

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 30
(7,258 Views)
On of my customer has made a request for label printing with barcode. I have done some research and came over this free tool for making barcodes in Labview. http://code.google.com/p/lvbarcode/  http://sourceforge.net/projects/lvbarcode. Using this and a label printer it should not be to hard to make a small frontpanel and print it via standard printer driver. I know the Dymo label printer behaves like a standard printer. So the task is only to fit the fontpanel size to the label. As for now my project is put on hold. But maybe someone in this forum can use this information

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 30
(7,245 Views)

Do you make this Driver? is ease to do it in serial or parallel port but in my case I need it in USB because I have 3 test station with two printers each.

Any Idea?

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30
(6,986 Views)

lmontoya wrote:

Do you make this Driver? is ease to do it in serial or parallel port but in my case I need it in USB because I have 3 test station with two printers each.

Any Idea?

thank you

Which driver of the about 5 discussed in this thread do you mean?

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30
(6,954 Views)