LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview application quits immediately when run

Solved!
Go to solution

I created a project in 2015.  It runs fine and does everything I want.  When I build it into an application and try to run it on the same computer or others, it just opens and immediately closes.  The window frame doesn't even really open, you just see the icon appear briefly on the task bar.  I have built probably in excess of 50 applications some using very similar code and had no problem.  Any thoughts on how to diagnose this?  The current code is pretty simple and doesn't do much on startup.  It is a state machine design and pretty much just sets a couple variables and them waits for user input.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,383 Views)

What stops your application? Could it be that the default value for that item is true and your are exiting immediately? Without seeing the code it is difficult to say what the issue could be.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,381 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BretRidgel42

So never mind this.  There was some code off in the top left I did not see.  Just happened to be a copy of my routine to close the window if not in the development environment.  Supposed to execute on exit.  I need a bigger monitor!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,371 Views)

Or write more modular code that will fit on your monitor. When your code needs a bigger monitor it is a sign you need to rethink the structure of your code.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 4 of 4
(2,366 Views)