LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview and Autocad

Hello all,

I have a drawing  in autocad and i want to program the elements in the drawing ( such as walls, doors, windows etc) to change colours and to move using LabView. How do i do this, please?

demmy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31
(7,962 Views)

Hi demmy,

this should help as a start.

http://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/3551

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31
(7,927 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31
(7,923 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31
(7,916 Views)

Thanks all but i still does not answer the question. I don't want to import the autocad drawing into labview interface because i labview does not have autocad commands and tools to expend and create more drawing. I want to be able to modify the elements and objects in my autocad drawing  by simply programming each object from Labview. Does this have to do with the DLL? Pls, help me out.

Demmy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31
(7,903 Views)
Did you check the discussion link i had posted earlier? Will using activex help?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31
(7,900 Views)

Can you help out with an example? I don't know how to go about it, please.

demmy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31
(7,889 Views)

Hi,

create a drawing a draw a line in it. Save the drawing and open the attached VI. Change the path to the specified drawing and run the VI.

It will rotate de line with the specified angle with the starting point of the line as the basepoint.

cosmin

controlsag

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31
(7,859 Views)

Thanks alot but please can you send the VI in version 8.6 i cannot access it. Also, i don't want to operate my model from labview. I want to be able to program the objects from labview to reflect in autocad and not to bring my drawings into autocad.

pls, reply

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31
(7,843 Views)

demmy wrote:

Thanks alot but please can you send the VI in version 8.6 i cannot access it. Also, i don't want to operate my model from labview. I want to be able to program the objects from labview to reflect in autocad and not to bring my drawings into autocad.

pls, reply

You can't.  LabVIEW does not know how to manipulate AutoCAD files.  What it can do is open the AutoCAD drawing in AutoCAD and issue commands by way of ActiveX to manipulate the objects within it.  It is the same as using LabVIEW to work with Excel files.  LabVIEW essentially opens the .xls in Excel and uses ActiveX methods and properties to manipulate the objects within Excel.

Here is Cosmin's file in LV8.6

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 01-20-2010 12:16 PM
Message 10 of 31
(7,838 Views)