From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview & Optotrak

I'm using Optotrak sensors & I'm wondering how I can stream / read values real time to labview

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,623 Views)

What is a "Optotrak sensor?"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,618 Views)

Sorry I meant optotrak camera with a marker to read the positon

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,598 Views)

Assuming this is the system in question, it says near the bottom of that page that it supports "Real-time Data Streaming to 3rd Party Software".  That's what you'll want to use, but I'm not seeing anything more on that page indicating how exactly it's used.  There's a support site walled off to anyone who isn't a customer.  I suggest you contact them for details.

Most likely they have some sort of interface using a DLL or an ActiveX object that you can use with LabVIEW, based on other 3rd party software with similar functionality that I've used.  Do you already have the hardware/software in question?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,587 Views)

I have contacted them but so far no reply. That's why I was hoping someone else knowes

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,580 Views)

I did help a customer here in the Netherlands with a project but that is about 15 years ago. The programming was done in LabWindows/CVI though. The camera system in question had a DLL interface that could be called. I don't have any of that software anymore but a quick search showed up this document describing an API.

Here they talk about Optotrak Certus which I assume is a more modern system and it mentions:

• Integrates with LabView™ using OAPI
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,568 Views)