LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview & Optotrak

I'm using Optotrak sensors & I'm wondering how I can stream / read values real time to labview

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,621 Views)

What is a "Optotrak sensor?"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,616 Views)

Sorry I meant optotrak camera with a marker to read the positon

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,596 Views)

Assuming this is the system in question, it says near the bottom of that page that it supports "Real-time Data Streaming to 3rd Party Software".  That's what you'll want to use, but I'm not seeing anything more on that page indicating how exactly it's used.  There's a support site walled off to anyone who isn't a customer.  I suggest you contact them for details.

Most likely they have some sort of interface using a DLL or an ActiveX object that you can use with LabVIEW, based on other 3rd party software with similar functionality that I've used.  Do you already have the hardware/software in question?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,585 Views)

I have contacted them but so far no reply. That's why I was hoping someone else knowes

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,578 Views)

I did help a customer here in the Netherlands with a project but that is about 15 years ago. The programming was done in LabWindows/CVI though. The camera system in question had a DLL interface that could be called. I don't have any of that software anymore but a quick search showed up this document describing an API.

Here they talk about Optotrak Certus which I assume is a more modern system and it mentions:

• Integrates with LabView™ using OAPI
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,566 Views)