LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Trial version expired

Hi,

Recently i installed Labview trial version in my PC and it allowed me to develop software for 7 days. Post 7 days, i would like to extend my trial version, so i had changed the system date and tried to open labVIEW application which i couldn't do. Any idea how to extend the trial development version of LabVIEW?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,268 Views)

Hi Diana,

do you really want to outsmart the license manager by just changing system clock???

Call your local NI support office for any license issues!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,223 Views)

Hello Diana,

Contact NI for extending your trial development version. Please try to get the license if you like and want to use LabVIEW instead of trying techniques like changing the system clock

-Rahul

Hit KUDOS for Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,215 Views)

I think it's totally retro!  I'd like to see what his operating system thinks about his strategy though.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,195 Views)

I seem to recall that it was possible to extend the trail period beyond 7 days to 3 months if I am remembering correctly. I haven't tried it with LabVIEW 2019.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,164 Views)

@psuedonym wrote:

I seem to recall that it was possible to extend the trail period beyond 7 days to 3 months if I am remembering correctly. I haven't tried it with LabVIEW 2019.

I think it is 45 days, and you can start here and follow the links. (No need to call NI, it's all on the web!)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,151 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

do you really want to outsmart the license manager by just changing system clock???

IIRC, that actually works, or at least used to work. But you probably have to turn back the clock before the license expires. Once it's marked as expired, it won't be fooled.

Even if this trick works it is illegal.

On another note...

There is a community edition for non-commercial work.

If you're work is commercial, either call them for a few weeks extra, or buy a license. 

If you don't mind illegal usage (like turning back the clock), you might as well use the community edition for commercial work. But again, it is not legal.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,123 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

IIRC, that actually works, or at least used to work.

Even if it would work (and it won't!), you are opening a can of worms because today's computer rely on accurate time. Modern windows version synchronize the clock with the internet, so you would need to disable that somehow. Then your newly created files all have the wrong timestamp which would interfere with backups, updates, internet cache, source control, and probably many other things. For example, how would you tell which VI is the newest version if some older VIs have a creation date in the future or the last modification is older than the creation date? Y2k all over again! This is no longer 1995!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,097 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

IIRC, that actually works, or at least used to work.

Even if it would work (and it won't!),

That's not what I was told. I heard from a few people that they did it successfully.

You're right about all the downsides.

I have absolutely no need for this, so I never tried myself. And I'm not going to. If I needed to cheat (I don't), I'd cheat in a better and easier way.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,090 Views)

Also, turning your clock back may cause you issues accessing the Internet. Today's security certificates use time to ensure they are valid.  If clocks differ too much between a client and a server connections may be rejected.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,073 Views)