LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview State machines Edit Items

Iam using a state machines, Iam having a problem with updating new items in the state machines..

What happens when I right click on the enum attached to the shift register and try to add new item to it..

the cases change to numbers istead of actual choices..

what can I do to fix this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,375 Views)

I don't quite understand what you mean, but for a state machine you should not be editing the enum instances. Your enum should be a type def and you edit the type def. This way you edit only one instance of the enum. If you do not know what a type def is, then check the LabVIEW Help.

Are you sure you actually have an enum, and not, for instance, a ring control?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,373 Views)

Change your enum constant to a constant of an enum Type Def (Replace every constrant on the BD with constants created from the type def too to clear the coersion dots)  Voila now when you edit the items the type def changes propigate through all the constants and the case structure selection update too!  Painless

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,372 Views)

How do I change this enum to Typedyf

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,354 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,349 Views)

Another Link

Step by Step

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/creating_type_defs/

Little Advanced

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/1B04FD6A11E6F17286256C6300588BFA?OpenDocument 

Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks & Regards,
Kunal Raithatha.
CTD - CLAD (I wish I can take off that A, and maybe use it later to replace D 🙂

Easy Tip :- "To copy an image to a VI icon, drag the image file and place it on the icon
located in the upper right corner of the front panel or block diagram" ...If you know any
more reply back.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,336 Views)

well when I right click the enum constant, I see that the advanced is deactivated and so I cant change it to the typedef unless I change this enum to control.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,330 Views)

R USmiley Surprised Sure 

I can do it 

Thanks & Regards,
Kunal Raithatha.
CTD - CLAD (I wish I can take off that A, and maybe use it later to replace D 🙂

Easy Tip :- "To copy an image to a VI icon, drag the image file and place it on the icon
located in the upper right corner of the front panel or block diagram" ...If you know any
more reply back.
Message 8 of 13
(3,324 Views)

Hi,

You see that the advanced is deactivated because you have enum constant in block diagram. You must change that to "Control" first and then right click the enum control in front panel to access the Advanced>>Customize.

Hope this helps.

- Meadow -
LabVIEW 7.0 - 2011, Vision, RT, FPGA
TestStand 3.0 - 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,309 Views)

@VirtualWorld wrote:

R USmiley Surprised Sure 

I can do it 

VW must be using LabVIEW 2011.  Creating a type def from BD Constant was one of the new features in 2011 and was a product of the Idea Exchange.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 10 of 13
(3,285 Views)