cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Runtime Engine 2021

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings Everyone,

This is driving me crazy. Computer is windows 10 with no Labview ever installed. A co-worker created a program for me in Labview 2021 to analyze some data and sent me the executable along with the .ini and alias file. I am fairly literate in Labview but have not had the chance to install on this new PC at work. I originally installed RTE 2021 and got the error shown. I then installed the latest patch SP1 f2 in case that was the issue. Same result. "Unable to locate Runtime Engine Labview 2021." Does anyone have any ideas? Do I need to install VISA Runtime also? Or something else? The program essentially reads all the data files in a selected folder, creates an array of failures to view, and calculates First Pass Yield. Unable to get help from the author for a few days as he is out on vacation. You can see in the image that the RTE is installed as indicated in NI Package Manager. I even tried doing a repair to the RTE to no avail. I have Administrator rights on the PC. The RTE was installed directly from the NI Website using the Download Manager.

Any ideas????

Thanks,

Frank

Unable to locate Runtime Engine 2021Unable to locate Runtime Engine 2021

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,299 Views)

Have you also tried to install the 32 Bit runtime engine?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,278 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dragonrider

I haven't but great suggestion. Will do that now. Nothing to lose...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,274 Views)

Hi Frank, Were you ever able to solve this issue? I am having the same problem (Same error) with an application that was shared with me by a colleague. Another LabVIEW app I have works just fine. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(744 Views)

@JSport wrote:

Hi Frank, Were you ever able to solve this issue? I am having the same problem (Same error) with an application that was shared with me by a colleague. Another LabVIEW app I have works just fine. 

Thanks! 

Did you see the respsonse about the correct bitness? Maybe the other application is different.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(723 Views)

Greetings. Sorry for the late response but I am on vacation lol. The issue did turn out to be 32-bit versus 64-bit. I had originally installed the 64-bit version of the runtime engine and it turns out that the software guy that wrote the program had a 32-bit computer. Once I downloaded the 32-bit runtime engine everything worked with no issues. If you haven't already try installing the one that you haven't already installed. Good luck

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(695 Views)

@Dragonrider wrote:

. I had originally installed the 64-bit version of the runtime engine and it turns out that the software guy that wrote the program had a 32-bit computer.

It is much more likely that he had a 64bit OS (if that's what you mean by "computer"), but was using 32bit LabVIEW. Many still do for various reasons.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(692 Views)