From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Marquee Help

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,
I want to make a marquee with the LabView application. To continuously update the article to which I have presented in the appendix of the while loop in the program are external while loop I want to move into. Can you please help?
Thanks ..

marquee_labview1.jpg

marquee_labview2.jpg

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,490 Views)

I think you are asking how to update Text while the VI is running, right?

Add an event structure inside the while loop. Put the for loop inside the timeout case. Put the stop terminal inside a stop case. Put the stuff which is now left of the while loop inside a Text: Value change case.

If this will be part of a larger program, consider a Producer/consumer type architecture so that getting the array and displaying it are in parallel loops. This way the timing of the loops can be independent.

You do not need to wire the N terminal on a for loop when using autoindexing. Doing so may cause unexpected results.

You might want to consider padding the string with some spaces to separate the beginning and end of the message on the marquee display. You may also want to limit the length of the string to match the size of the marquee. Operating with a fixed size for the boolean array may make for a better display experience.

Lynn

Message 2 of 8
(3,463 Views)

Yup. Every time you shift your array one 'pixel', add one to a 'free space' count. Produce the array for the next letter and wait until your free space count is enough to fit the width of the letter in. Then use 'insert array subset' to insert the bools for the letter into the marquee, and of course take the letter width off your free space.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,447 Views)

Hi;

First of all thank you very much for your interest. I tried to experiment with the way you have mentioned, but somehow I could not. Accompanying application files out of trouble you can you do?
Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,395 Views)

Bit snowed at the mo, but I will try to take a look in the next couple of days... if that dynamo Lynn doesn't beat me to the punch. 🙂

Message 5 of 8
(3,389 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author umt134

Here is a quick example which I modified from your VI. As has been discussed there are some other changes you might wish to consider.

ToeCutter gets kudos for thinking warm thoughts while shovelling snow.

Lynn

Message 6 of 8
(3,369 Views)

Haha thanks Lynn... +1K back at ya.

Message 7 of 8
(3,347 Views)

Thank you very much, for interesting.

It was a very good solution..

Best wishes..

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8