From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Community to full Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need to transit from "self learning" Labview Community 2020 to Labview (paid version) for work.

If I need keep as much as possible, what shall do ? (i.e. what uninstall and what to be installed)

Is there some constrain moving from Community 2020 to LV 2021 ?

Thanks you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(894 Views)
Solution
Accepted by KPr_HW

@KPr_HW wrote:

Hello,

I need to transit from "self learning" Labview Community 2020 to Labview (paid version) for work.

If I need keep as much as possible, what shall do ? (i.e. what uninstall and what to be installed)

If you paid for LabVIEW Professional (there are 3 paid versions, home, full and pro), I think you only need to change the license.

Probably a matter of deactivate and activate with a new serial nr.

The LabVIEW Full version doesn't have all features.

@KPr_HW wrote:

Is there some constrain moving from Community 2020 to LV 2021 ?

Just hard disk space...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(866 Views)

This is a VERY tricky legal maneuver, one that you should be consulting your company's lawyers about.  Having Community Edition alongside one paid for by the company will make it almost impossible for the company to distinguish which license was used for what programming, and this could make for messy conflict of interest issues.

To be safe, I completely partition my work stuff from my personal stuff by developing my personal stuff on a personal computer.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(843 Views)
Solution
Accepted by KPr_HW

You can't have two versions* next to each other, and that wasn't the question.

LabVIEW Community Edition and LabVIEW Professional is the same software, only the license is different.

So, change the license.  

* You can (technically) have a community LV20 and a pro LV21, or maybe even a community LV20 32 bit and a LV20 pro 64 bit.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(838 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

You can't have two versions* next to each other, and that wasn't the question.

LabVIEW Community Edition and LabVIEW Professional is the same software, only the license is different.

So, change the license.  

* You can (technically) have a community LV20 and a pro LV21, or maybe even a community LV20 32 bit and a LV20 pro 64 bit.

Yes, but I was just trying to potentially save someone some legal headaches by advising against doing it at all.  It's better to avoid the issue entirely than have to explain what you are doing to the legal department.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(830 Views)