LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Community 2020 Edition Activation

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm accepeded into the Beta program, installed the software and I'm stuck at activation. No serial number can be found so I can't even attempt to generate an activation code. I'v searched and can't find any instructions beyond what was in the email on how to move forward.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 123
(13,713 Views)
Solution
Accepted by geovogel

You can find your serial number by going to your NI account 

Under "My Products & Services"
Click on "My Products"

The LabVIEW Community Edition should be right on top

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 2 of 123
(13,701 Views)

Thanks located the serial number and that did the trick. As a note the activation code generated online did not work. When the LV2020 activation screen and options poped up I used the "Enter Serial Number" option and pligged in the number from the "my products page as you suggested.

I'm in! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 123
(13,683 Views)

Anyone know if this solution is still valid now that the Community 2020 Edition is out of beta? I've downloaded the community edition but I don't have a serial number to enter on the activation page and the My Product page for my account is completely empty:

NoError_0-1588295385614.png

Clicking activate on the install Wizard doesn't work either:

NoError_1-1588295461689.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 123
(12,582 Views)

Deactivate LV CE beta and uninstall.  Install LV CE.  Activate.

Gives you a subscription license.  A subscription license has no serial number.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 5 of 123
(12,560 Views)

Can you elaborate on what you’re doing to activate and get this subscription license? Are you activating just by logging in on the wizard that runs at the end of the install? The only options it gives me after I login are Check Account for Licenses, Enter Serial Number, Enter Activation Code, and Connect to Volume License Server. The first option doesn’t do anything as shown in the screenshot. I’ve tried the activation code option as well but wasn’t able to get anywhere since the activation page requires a serial number.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 123
(12,540 Views)

As Bill already said, your screenshot still shows the presence of the 2020 beta. This might interfere with the 2020 Community edition.

Sorry, disregard. I read it wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 123
(12,520 Views)

I wasn’t a part of the Beta and have never had the Beta version installed on this computer. I’m assuming that the wizard is displaying the possible options for licensing not what is currently installed since I’ve never had any of the other listed items installed on this computer either.

Never the less I’ve uninstalled every NI product from the computer and reinstalled only the Community Edition only to end up at the same spot. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 123
(12,516 Views)

Hmmm, you should be able to just click on "Activate" from the window you showed and it should activate LV 2020 CE.  Have you tried going to the license manager and activating it from there?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 123
(12,458 Views)

Yeah I tried that but the license manager launches the same activation window. I’ve tried just about everything at this point. I tried creating a new NI account thinking it might be something with that but that didn’t work. Then I started up a virtual machine with a fresh Windows 10 install to rule out any problems with my computer but that didn’t work either.

Wasted too much time on this, I’m just going to stick with Python for home projects. Thanks for trying to help though.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 123
(12,455 Views)