LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Autowiring Property

Hello LabVIEW Users,

We all know when we move a node near any terminal, LabVIEW tries to autowire the nodes. For instance, inside a for loop when we try to move an add node near the i terminal, LabVIEW wires i terminal and Add node automatically. My question is, how this is done? Is there a scripting VI running in the background which wires terminals when they come close? If so, whether users can see the block diagram of that VI? Sorry if my question is too stupid. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,413 Views)

I have no idea how this is done (somewhere deep inside the editor that manages Diagram creation, I imagine), but I do know how you can "control" it, including turning it off and changing the distance over which it "stretches" to reach terminals.  It is a LabVIEW Option, found on the Tools, Options menu under "Block Diagrams", Wiring.  I tend to leave auto-wiring alone, but turn off "Enable Automatic Wire Routing", preferring to do this myself.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 3
(2,396 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

I have no idea how this is done (somewhere deep inside the editor that manages Diagram creation, I imagine), but I do know how you can "control" it, including turning it off and changing the distance over which it "stretches" to reach terminals.  It is a LabVIEW Option, found on the Tools, Options menu under "Block Diagrams", Wiring.  I tend to leave auto-wiring alone, but turn off "Enable Automatic Wire Routing", preferring to do this myself.

Bob Schor

I forgot about this setting.  It's so annoying to when LabVIEW wants to go to the opposite side of your BD just to wire up to the VI next to you...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,373 Views)