LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop nimxs.exe

Hello everybody,

I recognized with I/O - Trace that there is a process in the background which does a lot of inquiries per second and has a bad influence on the performance of the computer. I think it's caused by the nimxs.exe . What is the use of this process and is there a good possibility to stop it (without using the task manager)? 

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,323 Views)

Hi Michi,

What is the use of this process

Did you try to search for "nimxs" using Google or any other search engine?

I found this among other relevant sites…

and is there a good possibility to stop it

I also found this

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,319 Views)

Hi GerdW,

thanks for your fast answer. I've also found these pages, but the first one only says that nimxs.exe "Manages and stores National Instruments configuration data", which doesn't help me really. Is it necessary that it makes more than 10 inquiries per second? This costs a lot of performance. The second page you found says I should reinstall windows, if I understand it right. That seems a little bit to much for me. There should be a more smoothly solution.

Best regards,

Michi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,306 Views)

Hi Michi,

which doesn't help me really. Is it necessary that it makes more than 10 inquiries per second? This costs a lot of performance.

- NIMXS is a service used by NI software. When you need more information about that you need to ask NI support directly.

- 10 inquiries/s is not much. How much performance does it require? (Maybe there is some kind of database fault which enforces those inquiries…)

(- Denuvo is known for massive inquiries slowing down the actual software…)

The second page you found says I should reinstall windows, if I understand it right. That seems a little bit to much for me. There should be a more smoothly solution.

It was a solution for that other user. You can follow that way - or leave it.

When you need "smoother" solutions you might ask NI support directly…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,299 Views)

What is an "Inquiry" and how do you determine that it has a "bad influence" on the performance? Are you sure that your performance problems are not due to something else?

Do you have details on the I/O-trace output? What else is running on the PC and what devices are connected to it?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,272 Views)