LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 8.6

I am trying to install Labview 8.6 on a Pentium D running Windows 7 32bit with 2 GB of RAM and a 200GB Hard Drive but when I try to run the install the installer keeps telling me it has encountered and error and will close, so I cannot continue with the install can you tell me why this is? I cannot find any kind of specific kind of error message.  I believe this version is in the expired support cycle so I still hope you can help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,577 Views)

According to the OS compatibility matrix, LabVIEW 8.6 is not supported on WIndows 7.

Are you installing from a CD/DVD or from a download? Maybe the media is corrupt?

Message 2 of 6
(2,571 Views)

Well we have that same version installed on other windows 7 machine but they are Core 2’s.  The media could be a problem since it is on a network, so I am copying it over to the local machine and going to run the installer from the machine rather than the network, I will let you know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,566 Views)

Well it is not the media because I copied the installation files to the hard drive and it did not work it installed Signal Express but the other programs did not install.  That is what it did when I was running the installation form the network so programs would install but others would not.  The first time I installed it about 6 programs installed, but the rest did not, then I uninstalled what did install and tried again then no programs installed it crashed right from the start.  Then when I copied the installation to the drive and ran it from there only signal express installed.  Now I know you said this version is not supported on Windows 7 but we have installed this version on other machines that are running Windows 7 but they are a little bit better than what we are trying to install it on now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,538 Views)

Installing it is one this, if you're really lucky some code will even run. 🙂

Try running the installer in Compatibility XP-mode, if it works it works.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 5 of 6
(2,527 Views)

Thanks for the help guys but none of that worked, seems like we cannot run Labview on this machine thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,494 Views)