cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2016 freez and giving not responding

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear 

I have labview project for PLC i/os monitoring. This project is working fine in one computer but when I run this project in other computer it freez when I double click VI and showing on title bar not responding but after appropriate 10 mints project opens.  Then when I run project it again takes approximately 15 mints to run. 

Please suggest solutions 

Thanks

Asif

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,838 Views)

10 "mints" or 15 "mints"?  Smiley Very Happy

It is kind of difficult to help you with your problem in that all we know is that you have a VI and it communicates with a PLC.  Call up a mechanic and tell them you have a car and it won't run and see if they can give you solutions over the phone.

Message 2 of 11
(4,785 Views)

You seem to be talking about LabVIEW code.  You have two different computers -- are they identical?  Same make, model, speed?  Exactly the same operating system?  Exactly the same version of LabVIEW?  Are they clones of each other?  Exactly the same hardware/software?

The situation you describe sounds less like a LabVIEW issue and more like a PC/OS issue.  Of course, without any relevant information except the symptoms you describe, it is anybody's guess.

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 11
(4,778 Views)

Thanks to replay

i have same computer each hardware software same. but in one computer it freezing when i double click on vi file to run.

any help please.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,622 Views)

Are you running the same version of LabVIEW on each of your machines? 

Angie Cisneros

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,607 Views)

What is this VI supposed to do?  Seems like very time you ask for help, we have to wring the details out of you like water out of a damp sponge.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,598 Views)

I do understand that it's almost impossible to know all the relevant details, but if you can give as detailed a description of the problem to begin with, we can spend more time solving and less time asking.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,596 Views)

i made first time project in labview to monitor S7 400 PLC I/Os. all i used DSC module for shared variables and some customize control as indicators. when i compile it taking long time and also when running project. i am surprised why it is running fine in same other computer. because i have to run same project on 6 PCs. it successfully running in one PC but when i install lab view and run project in other PC this problem occurred.

it is large project. i thing more than 600 shared variable i am using in this project.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,586 Views)

Asif138 wrote:

it is large project. i thing more than 600 shared variable i am using in this project.

Are these single process or network shared variables? Where is the variable engine running?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,575 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asif138

Hi 

i got the solution. this problem was due to "Read Alarm & Event" block. when remove this its working fine. 

Thanks to all.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,537 Views)